• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Battery box lid

AK64

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone come across a battery box lid “nut” that was stripped in the frunk? Meaning that the threads are fine, but the metal part turns in the plastic of the frunk/luggage box. This is the metal part into which the 5X15mm screws thread to attach the battery box cover/lid. I’d rather not run with only one screw holding the lid in place; and I don’t want to replace the whole frunk. I’m thinking about removing the metal piece, roughing up the plastic, and installing it with epoxy. Figured I’d see if anybody has been down this road before though.

Last edited:
I have not done this but had very good experience with JB Weld. Used some for a similar situation for a turn signal bolt. Was two years ago now and still working fine. Not that I need to mess with the signal bolts very often :)

Thanks Potter0o. I’m thinking about using the repair you suggest, and using a plastic screw. This way if the repair fails, I only have to destroy a cheap fastener and not the lid — like I did a couple weeks ago.

Back