• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Barkbusters and Buffeting

vwhammer

Reaction score
Visit site
So I installed some Barkbuster Storm hand guards on my NCX and I noticed something strange.

It appears that the buffeting that I used to experience has been reduced drastically.

I move my stock Honda small wind screen to its highest setting in an attempt to reduce the buffeting some but that did not work.

I was surprised after I put my bike back together after a couple of upgrades (Barkbusters included) and hit the highway only to realize my head wasn't being beat around like it used to be.

I thought it might have been because there was a tail wind but I did the same stretch of highway both directions and there was definitely less buffeting.

Anyone else with a stock small screen notice anything like that?

The front of my bike has been raised by about 45mm (1.75 inches) and the rear by nearly an inch but it seems hard to believe that this has too much to do with it.

Either way I am pleased and may try a screen extension or maybe a home fabbed laminar lip set up to see where that might get me.

Just for reference I am about 6'1"

you may be on to something. The barkbusters definitely change the flow of air and would affect the wind at the windscreen. Without a wind tunnel to test it, I don't know how you'd prove it though.

I noticed a similar effect from fitting Givi handguards to 2017 NC750X with standard screen

Back