• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Back to Honda

Helix

Reaction score
Visit site
After 83,000 miles on my 2010 BMW R1200R I made a change. Guess this is my 2nd last bike since I thought the BMW would be my last. I’ve been fortunate to get to ride longer than many others and I keep going to lighter, smaller, easier to handle bikes to deal with changes in age (almost 76) and strength. I previously had a '93 ST1100 and a '97 VFR750, with several bikes since, so now I'm back to Honda.

The new bike is an '16 NC700XD and I'm really enjoying it. All of you provided a lot of info in your past posts for a lurker trying to decide what to buy. I considered a CB500x but it felt just too small and the NC700 feels just right. I've noticed that there are several other members of the forum in Arkansas and hope to run into some of you down the road. Glad to join the group.

Helix

Welcome Back. I came from a BMW K1200GT. The NC has been good to me so far. I miss the power but now ride more conservatively but still have just as much fun. That's awesome that you are still riding at age 75. Thought I was old at 50.

Welcome from Vancouver (#2 :D ) and glad to see riding a NC at 76 feels good... I just need to ride it a few 28 more years and then, obviously, I'll agree ;)

I've been wondering a lot about BMWs, but I opted to stay away for now, until I break my teeth (not literally I hope) on the NC in my RTW trip first. Then maybe mid-way to it, I'll switch if it ever makes sense... (that is, mostly if I get tired/bored filling the tank at the rear, or if I want to crash in sand/dust/mud/stones... LOL)

Welcome from Chicagoland! I've ridden in your beautiful state and you are very fortunate. I'm still a few years behind you but made the same call for much the same reason and I really like this bike. Does everything I want it to do and more. Just learned about S3 mode this week. I was fine with D and S1. But S3? Very nice. Zoom Zoom as they say :cool:!

Welcome from Ft. Lauderdale! I am a couple of years behind you (not many :) ). I have a "13 NC700XD and enjoy riding and touring on it.

I bought my 2015 in Springdale, though I live across the line in Oklahoma.
We should organize some sort of ride along the Missouri Arkansas border since there are some SW Missouri, SE Kansas members

Welcome from Little Rock! I second Jim's request that you join us in the spring for the Hillbilly Hangout, good rides and good times :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll be watching for info on the Hillbilly Hangout next spring. I too, was wondering if I would miss the power but find my pace in the twisties about the same and the bike really is fun to ride.

Thanks again for the welcome, now if I can just figure out how to remove some tupperware to get to the electrical stuff.

Helix

Back