• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Avon Trail-rider 120/70 front 150/60 back initial impression

Red River Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had some tires sitting in my garage for about a year that I bought for my 450x supermoto project. I bought these Avons to add a lil more off road capability to the machine but ended up giving up the sumo life after I bought my NC. I burnt through my stock dunlops (only 4500 miles out of them :( ) so I had to park the bike for awhile and was itching to ride it. I finally decided to mount these left overs on the bike ( which was an awful experience, never hard tires this hard) and after taking it for a spin on dirt and road, I'm in love with this set up.

The smaller tire profile makes the engine work a lil harder but the acceleration off idle is amazing, the narrow tire profile as well makes the bike turn in scarily fast, I barely need any steering input to bomb corners. Off road the tires have an amazing amount of traction even running street pressures. I road through some ruts and up a hill with no issue at all. My only complaint is the bike sits a lil lower and I'm a big guy but I'm pleasantly surprised. I'll add pictures when I get home.

they do have many great reviews and work well. :{)

front/rear-https://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/motorcycle-tires/avon-av54-trailrider-dual-sport-tire/p/52152

I have these tires on both my DRZ400sm and my NC750x DCT. They are fantastic, I hope they make these for years to come.

I am just at the end of the life on my Shinko 705 rear tire and have been considering trying one of these, but for the price the 705 is hard to beat! I like the way it rides, handles on/off roading that i do. It has performed well all summer and now that the weather has turned cold in my area i am seeing how it handles these road conditions. I have a few hundred miles left on it so i'll have to make a purchase soon. :{)

I've had some tires sitting in my garage for about a year that I bought for my 450x supermoto project. I bought these Avons to add a lil more off road capability to the machine but ended up giving up the sumo life after I bought my NC. I burnt through my stock dunlops (only 4500 miles out of them :( ) so I had to park the bike for awhile and was itching to ride it. I finally decided to mount these left overs on the bike ( which was an awful experience, never hard tires this hard) and after taking it for a spin on dirt and road, I'm in love with this set up.

The smaller tire profile makes the engine work a lil harder but the acceleration off idle is amazing, the narrow tire profile as well makes the bike turn in scarily fast, I barely need any steering input to bomb corners. Off road the tires have an amazing amount of traction even running street pressures. I road through some ruts and up a hill with no issue at all. My only complaint is the bike sits a lil lower and I'm a big guy but I'm pleasantly surprised. I'll add pictures when I get home.
Crank the rear spring preload and you should be able to get some ride height back, unless you've alread got it maxed out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back