• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Auxiliary/spktlights

Jas3820

Reaction score
Visit site
I've recently purchased my NC 750 XH- A on a 2018 plate and looking to fit some auxiliary / Spotlights can anyone advise me of a good set that I can fit ? I don't have an engine guard fitted and not looking to get one so need an alternative fixing method ? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Get a set of LED Denali DRL running lights if you want to be noticed. They mount on the fork and spread a very wide beam of light so you get noticed. I love them

However they don’t do a good job of lighting the road at night. if you want to ride fast at night and need to light the roadway the Denali DRL is the wrong light

IMG_9296.jpg

Here is a side view of the Denali DRL running lights. Again... these are lights designed so your bike will be seen, they are not lights to light the road in front of you.

The beam cast by these lights is 180 degrees wide and 180 tall, they are as "unfocused" as they can possibly be, which means that even on high intensity they are not blinding to oncoming traffic or in the rearview mirror of a car you are gaining on. They do an amazing job of making the bike seen, pretty much from any oncoming angle, front to side.

Not cheap, but they do the job they were designed to do and do so spectacularly well. I have some generic LED's that claimed to be super bright, there is no comparison, none. I believe you get what you pay for.

IMG_9295.jpg

4-B59-E9-CA-CD7-E-4-D62-B9-A1-0187-B0986808.jpg

Last edited:
I just put a set of the same lights on my VFR in amber. Really easy install and high quality. These are the Denali DRL LED pods and they can be installed (hardwired) at 50% or 100% intensity or switched to toggle between both. This is a pic of them hardwired at 50% strictly for conspicuity.

716429B4-16F4-4594-9C35-DE46964F811F.jpeg

I just put a set of the same lights on my VFR in amber. Really easy install and high quality. These are the Denali DRL LED pods and they can be installed (hardwired) at 50% or 100% intensity or switched to toggle between both. This is a pic of them hardwired at 50% strictly for conspicuity.
Good post. Thanks for adding that these are available in either WHITE or AMBER.

FWIW, we played around with mine as far as the intensity settings. I have them on 2 bikes. Both are set to 100% all the time, day or night.

Originally I had them at 100% when the headlight was at LOW beam, and 50% when the headlight was at HIGH beam. My logic was that during the daytime when the headlight was at HIGH beam then the Denali lights were less needed. I was wrong. They are needed during the day too. Now they are 100% all the time.

We also found out that at night, the Denali lights are bright as hell but not blinding to traffic. The beam is spread so wide that it doesn't blind traffic. I actually have had my wife ride one of our bikes behind me while I drove to see it in my mirrors. I've also ridden toward her to see them oncoming. The beam is wider than a fog lamp so while bright, it's not blinding.

Recognizing that no one here likely cares, those reflectors on the forks are required by regulation in many parts of the world. You might check in your area before eliminating them.

Many thanks,I will investigate first..
They do look good and would be a shame to remove them..
But also I would prefer not to have crash bars fitted just for the additional lights..
Ride safe

Recognizing that no one here likely cares, those reflectors on the forks are required by regulation in many parts of the world. You might check in your area before eliminating them.
In USA, they are required by NHTSA and will force recalls if the reflectors are not the correct size; however, in Indiana, all a motorcycle is required to have is "
We dont even have vehicle safety inspections.....
In my pic above, I have $21 invested in the 2 lights and a toggle switch (didnt want to tap into existing wires). I have had the setup for almost 3 years...no issues in the heat, cold, or rain.

In USA, they are required by NHTSA and will force recalls if the reflectors are not the correct size; however, in Indiana, all a motorcycle is required to have is "
We dont even have vehicle safety inspections.....
In my pic above, I have $21 invested in the 2 lights and a toggle switch (didnt want to tap into existing wires). I have had the setup for almost 3 years...no issues in the heat, cold, or rain.
Not sure what the rules are in Canada for those little reflectors but I've ridden with this set up for 1500 miles in Canada with multiple border crossings. Never a peep mentioned. They saw I was from Indiana and asked about how many guns I had in my luggage? Never asked about the lack of the 2 little reflectors.

SPOT lights, which are commonly used to create visibility may have a 10 to 20 degree light spread. They are great for looking down the road, a task at which the Denali will fail. But spots will get you seen only by people directly oncoming, the narrow beam focus will not attract the attention of drivers at most other angles. If you want to see the road at night, and not out-ride your auxiliary beams, these are probably the best choice.

FOG lights are often thought to be more suitable for creating visibility for the bike but their beams are specifically designed to be focused low, under the fog. While they cast a wide beam, typically 70 degrees or wider, its often so low that doesn't catch the eye of drivers unless the beam is pointed a bit too high to be effective as a road light. Not a bad visibility light, but not a great road light for distance, it will illuminate the sides of the road.

Denali DRL LED lights illuminate the front 1/2 of the front tire/fender due to the way the beam is spread so the front of the bike is VERY visible from the side, much more so that a you see from a 1" reflector at distance, be it 500' away or 100' away. The beam spread is literally 180 degrees side to side so there is light shining into the wheel, onto the front fender side, etc to make all that visible. FWIW, I do not know of any competitor to the Denali DRL on the market for a fully dispersed beam conspicuancy light.

Each light type has its purpose and do not perform well at tests they are not designed to be accomplish.

We all make our own choices based on what we need. I don't ride too much at night, and when I do its typically close to home on roads I know. For me, for my uses, I want to be the visible bike on the road, day & night. Your uses may vary. Ride your ride. With low draw LED lights, it is not an unreasonable choice to add both SPOTS and DRLs or FOGS and DRLs, or FOGS and SPOTS, or some other combination of your choosing.

Last edited:
Absence of state rules in no way negates or voids federal regulation.

...and I already explicitly said no one here likely cares...

Thanks I will read up on our rules
If your rules are a sticking point I would point out that 3M double sided adhesive automotive tape can easily stick the reflectors onto your fork, or the side of the front fender

Like many things there are the rules and enforcement. Not sure if this would ever be enforced. Of course a rider being silly does attract attention which may cause an officer to "look" a little harder :)

Back