• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Auxiliary Light Idea. Feedback?

Looks like those lamps would be mounted way too low to be used for turn signals. Maybe it is just the angle of the picture?
Also, turn signals also have to be seen from the side, that is why stock turn signals don't have the lens hidden in a housing but instead the lens "pop" out beyond the housing. Allows drivers to see your intentions not only when positioned directly in front of you, but also if at an angle.

I would use them as DLRs and stick with the stock turn signals. The shot in your garage does show a nice cutoff pattern for the lamps, how are they on the road?

Looks like those lamps would be mounted way too low to be used for turn signals. Maybe it is just the angle of the picture?
Also, turn signals also have to be seen from the side, that is why stock turn signals don't have the lens hidden in a housing but instead the lens "pop" out beyond the housing. Allows drivers to see your intentions not only when positioned directly in front of you, but also if at an angle.

I would use them as DLRs and stick with the stock turn signals. The shot in your garage does show a nice cutoff pattern for the lamps, how are they on the road?

Yah, I agree that they are positioned too low to be used as the replacement for the turn-signal. And side view is another issue, good point. So I will decide if I will use them as another set of amber blinkers or white DL. Both has its added benefits.

As for the light pattern, they turn out better than I expected (from Amazon customer pictures). I have yet to take them out on the streets yet since I had only installed one side and the bike is "naked". I will need to decide what to do with the halos before putting everything back together.

@Naked_Duc, can you explain the wiring with some detail, please?

Many thanks in advance.

I will draw it out and post it as a picture later when everything is done. It's been a fun little project. My wife compares it to Legos for grownups.

Yah, I agree that they are positioned too low to be used as the replacement for the turn-signal. And side view is another issue, good point. So I will decide if I will use them as another set of amber blinkers or white DL. Both has its added benefits.

As for the light pattern, they turn out better than I expected (from Amazon customer pictures). I have yet to take them out on the streets yet since I had only installed one side and the bike is "naked". I will need to decide what to do with the halos before putting everything back together.
My recommendation wasn't as a replacement, it was meant to be in addition to the stock turn signals

Back