• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

auto??

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
when I took my NC7XDCT to get the spring sorted on the centre stand.
I notice that it went into top gear very quickly mostly in 5th between 25mph/30mph and it felt a little labouring.
it seem it could do with being in a lower gear at these speeds. do you guys who have the DCT model experience this?
this was around town.

Yes, I have found the bike to short shift when in D mode, but not really labor. It will downshift in D mode, like a car, if enough gas is given. The bike is designed for fuel economy afterall. S mode will hold the gears longer and, as you know, there is the manual option to totally control gear selection.

My experience is the same as above, shifts up really fast in D. I tend to use S when there is traffic especially if it is slower and I might want to overtake.

cheers guys.
its not a problem it just I'm not used to the DCT as yet.
the only Auto that I've ridden is large scooters but then again these use belts.
yes Rocker in 'D' mode next time I'll try the 'S' mode.
its just a matter of waiting game now for a bit warmer weather.
got to get use to it 1st before I start fannying with gears etc;)

And also keep in mind, the DCT will get used to your style of riding (on a per ride basis). The mentioned behaviour may partially change even in D mode, as soon as you start riding a bit more ambitiously.
When riding harder with lots of braking and accelerating at winding roads for instance, D-Mode will from some point on feel like S-Mode at normal riding. However, when rolling along at low speed without much of acceleration it will always shift up at the earlymost point. My way of riding is: D-Mode for open roads, backroads, whatever (as long as it is not tight winding roads). As soon as I spot a village that I will pass, I go to S-Mode which will bring up revs, therefore do the braking necessary and will keep up revs a little through the village, where D-Mode could easily get jerking a bit, since we might reach 55km/h (odometer) which would result in 6th gear in D-Mode, what is not appropriate mostly.

Back