• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Atlas Throttle Lock

I am interested in the responses here too. I have an atlas on the bike I recently bought and it really works well. Easy on and easy off and holds the throttle in place with the ability to tweak the setting without disengaging it.

I need to put some Oxford heated grips on mine as well so interested in hearing how they are best fitted together. I read somewhere that the Atlas works better with heated grips with the wires coming from the top of the grip rather than out the bottom. Maybe someone can clear that up as well.

Last edited:
Watching this thread as well. Have ordered Oxford Heated Grips from Revzilla and want to do a throttle lock at the same time.

Bulitt, let's get together on this when you decide to do yours. Hope to do mine in the next week or 2.

Consider the Go Cruise throttle stop for holding a set speed. In practice it sets a floor minimum speed rather than fixing or locking the throttle at one rpm. On other than perfectly flat terrain a GC requires half the minute adjustments a throttle lock does and it acts sort of like “half” of a cruise control.

Use it. Love it.

There is a long thread about it on one of the other moto forums I frequent, its pretty much considered the best of the best. Not cheapest by a long shot.

A64820-DD-A605-4-A74-B438-7-E77-BE5120-F6.jpg

Use it. Love it.

There is a long thread about it on one of the other moto forums I frequent, its pretty much considered the best of the best. Not cheapest by a long shot.

A64820-DD-A605-4-A74-B438-7-E77-BE5120-F6.jpg
Nice. Since I'm putting heated grips as well, would you recommend putting the Atlas on while the grips or off, or after they're on?

Watching this thread as well. Have ordered Oxford Heated Grips from Revzilla and want to do a throttle lock at the same time.
As long as there is a gap between your rubber grip and the ignition housing you can install an Atlas. It just fits into that gap and clamps on, uses friction against the plastic housing work. Utterly simple.

Nice. Since I'm putting heated grips as well, would you recommend putting the Atlas on while the grips or off, or after they're on?
After the grips are on. It only takes a couple minutes but the grips need to be in place.

I am interested in the responses here too. I have an atlas on the bike I recently bought and it really works well. Easy on and easy off and holds the throttle in place with the ability to tweak the setting without disengaging it.

I need to put some Oxford heated grips on mine as well so interested in hearing how they are best fitted together. I read somewhere that the Atlas works better with heated grips with the wires coming from the top of the grip rather than out the bottom. Maybe someone can clear that up as well.
Okay...complete apologies for going off topic. Bullit, by your screen name I must believe that you are a Mustang fan. I don't know if you saw the story this year, But Steve McQueen's Bullitt was found and sold at auction for about $3.7M US. Turns out an employee bought it for his wife, a schoolteacher, who drove it for three years. They then put it in storage for...I guess about 50+ years. I think so many people looking for it for so long is really what drove up the price. I know it's iconic but not $3.7M iconic. The last ZR1 front engine off the line sold for about 1.2M.

Apologies for departing from the thread theme.

Last edited:
Okay...complete apologies forgoing off topic. Bullit, by your screen name I must believe that you are a Mustang fan. I don't know if you saw the story this year, But Steve McQueen's Bullitt was found and sold at auction for about $3.7M US. Turns out an employee bought it for his wife, a schoolteacher, who drove it for three years. They then put it in storage for...I guess about 50+ years. I think so many people looking for it for so long is really what drove up the price. I know it's iconic but not $3.7M iconic. The last ZR1 front engine off the line sold for about 1.2M.

Apologies for departing from the thread theme.
Well.....isn't everybody a Steve McQueen fan...? But nope....it is an old nickname given to me by some riding buddies from Colorado when I was much younger and a lot crazier. There's more, but not in this gents thread.

Back on topic.....

Last edited:
I use the Atlas Throttle Lock and it is the best one out of all the others I've used. It holds its position and doesn't slip like the others I've had. Pricey but after going thru 3 or 4 other brands this is the one I will stick with.

I know this is an old thread, but anybody used the Atlas with Honda OEM heated grips? Any issues?
Not me, but . . .

Since the Atlas is adjustable in both the diameter and the width I doubt there would be an issue.

A bit unrelated to your question, but I thought you might want to hear my opinion. If you are contemplating using an Atlas on a DCT equipped bike, I had an issue with ergonomics. I have large hands (2XL) gloves, and I have Grip Puppies installed over the stock grips. I found the N/D button for the DCT very difficult to access with my right thumb. The Atlas stuck out so far that I would have to lift my right hand off the throttle or use my left hand to use the N/D while riding. Needless to say, my Atlas has moved on to a new owner. Of course, YMMV

A bit unrelated to your question, but I thought you might want to hear my opinion. If you are contemplating using an Atlas on a DCT equipped bike, I had an issue with ergonomics. I have large hands (2XL) gloves, and I have Grip Puppies installed over the stock grips. I found the N/D button for the DCT very difficult to access with my right thumb. The Atlas stuck out so far that I would have to lift my right hand off the throttle or use my left hand to use the N/D while riding. Needless to say, my Atlas has moved on to a new owner. Of course, YMMV
Interesting. Never even considered that might be an issue…. I’ve got fairly small paws. Wonder it that would make it worse or better
?

Interesting. I also use grip puppies with the Atlas. My hands fit into a size Large glove. I have little trouble reaching the controls, but I do adjust my grip slightly to do so. Might just be that I adapted my technique to accommodate the Atlas? I switched from a GoCruise to an Atlas and have zero regrets, hated that GoCruise.

Back