• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

are sw-motech footrests really lower then stock?

W

wildeone

just got these convertible footpegs from motech and while I didn't mount them yet
looks to me at lower setting they can be at most the same as stock footpegs if not higher.
Am I wrong? If I am not wrong I am not happy...

Another question is can I reuse the same pin which is there originally
or after I'll take it off is unusable and need a new one?
thanks

They appear to be as high or higher than stock. The "convertible" description means you can remove the rubber top to convert from street to dirt. For the money, MFW Vario footpegs offer a lot of positioning options. I really like mine. I am currently set to 15mm lower and 15mm more forward than stock.

givi.jpg

As far as cotter pins, I try to keep a supply on hand to use, but you can reuse one once if you are careful removing it.

I'm guessing you are referring to the cotter pin that secures the foot peg pivot bolt/pin. Those can be reused though it is recommended to replace them with every use. Cotter pins are cheep.

By my measurements the SWMotech off-road pegs are 3/4 inch lower than stock. Here is a thread on my measurements. http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/5434-lowering-pegs-measurements.html

I'm guessing you are referring to the cotter pin that secures the foot peg pivot bolt/pin. Those can be reused though it is recommended to replace them with every use. Cotter pins are cheep.

By my measurements the SWMotech off-road pegs are 3/4 inch lower than stock. Here is a thread on my measurements. http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/5434-lowering-pegs-measurements.html

I don't know how did you measure this but from what I see I don't think so. I will return them if they're same or higher then stock.

Measured with the bike on the centerstand from the ground up to the peg. I didn't think they were going to be lower either until I started swapping. Then I noticed the stock pegs are higher than the pivot point where the SWMotech, set on the lower mount holes, are basically even with the pivot point.

Measured with the bike on the centerstand from the ground up to the peg. I didn't think they were going to be lower either until I started swapping. Then I noticed the stock pegs are higher than the pivot point where the SWMotech, set on the lower mount holes, are basically even with the pivot point.

well, this measurement is not important, important is top of the footpeg height. Sw-motech is thicker.

That is ground up to the top of the footpeg where your foot sits. I used the ground as a common reference point.

I also measured ground up to the bottom of the various pegs to see the difference in clearance before the peg would scrape.

ok, my sw-motech footpegs are going back to store - not worthy trouble IMO for that kinda price.

A less expensive option in adjustable pegs can be found at slingshotracing.net. They have several colors to choose from as well.

So you decided to return them without trying them ?
I have theses footpegs and like them a lot...great improvement (for me at last). When I installed them, I did the same measurements as Bamamate did with the same results. Also I removed the rubber on top of the pegs for better grip.

So you decided to return them without trying them ?
I have theses footpegs and like them a lot...great improvement (for me at last). When I installed them, I did the same measurements as Bamamate did with the same results. Also I removed the rubber on top of the pegs for better grip.

Ah... the link to ebay brings up 153,131 listings, not the ones you have.

Now these look like they'll work as fully adjustable.
$_57.JPG

Sorry ricksride, but the ones I have are SW Motech...not the ones you are showing. I've also considered them but the SW Motech are way more comfortable for stand-up riding, they give way better support underfoot.

what I figure now is taking a rubber from stock pegs and make some cuts on the metal part to make it offroad worthy. Bad idea?

It would work but.... I think the narrow size might not support your foot enough and become uncomfortable after a short time. For standing the SW motech ones are nice due to its width. But as I say, each to their own. I've spent plenty on after market stuff and the foot pegs are one of best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, they're narrow unfortunately. BTW I also thought about using the pillion footpegs as they have nice offroad grooves.

Back