• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ARC Battle Born Adventure Jacket and Pants

Cigar Mike

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rocky Mountain ATV/Motorcycle has this new gear. It looks promising at a reasonable price. I have used the ARC Foul Weather gear for DS riding and it had proven to be very tough and waterproof. It did not have armor though. This new gear does and is well vented also. At about $350 for pants and jacket, it might be worth looking at.

I've had my eye on those for a couple weeks now. They are so inexpensive, I don't know if there is a downside to trying them...

Rocky Mountain ATV/Motorcycle has this new gear. It looks promising at a reasonable price. I have used the ARC Foul Weather gear for DS riding and it had proven to be very tough and waterproof. It did not have armor though. This new gear does and is well vented also. At about $350 for pants and jacket, it might be worth looking at.

Link? Or maybe useful search word.?

Thank you for posting the link.

I would have given them a try if I would have known about them before buying my latest gear. I have bought several ARC products in the past and have not been disappointed. But I could never bring myself to pay $300 for boots or $900 on adventure jackets. If their foul weather gear had armor I would be wearing it right now.

My setup came in this morning...in all of my just rolled out of bed glory

I'm 6' 200 lbs with a shorter 28 inchish inseam. I got an XL jacket, fits well, and the 36 pants. I normally wear 36-32 jeans as I like them a little long and these fit just like my pants normally do. The knee pads are just below the knee while standing but move to cover the knee when sitting. There are two sleeves for the knee pad, but unless you have longer legs the lower pocket isn't going to work for many people. The jacket, on the other hand, has the elbow and shoulder pads where they need to be.

Other odds and ends for just trying them on, without the liner in the pants, they can be used as overpants, just not with a lot of spare room. The zippers are nice, and plenty of vents but don't expect to open any of the vents on the fly...at least not well. (probably shouldn't be messing with the vents while moving anyway, ya know safety and all that) The set is heavy, but for the price, I guess that is expected.

I'm about to take it for a test ride, so look for that later.

My two hour test ride: It's a partly sunny, very windy day here in Virginia with temps in the mid to upper 50's. I took the the liner out of the pants and wore them as pants, ie with just boxers on. With all of the vents closed I could still feel some wind passing through but nothing major. As expected while sitting on the bike the knee pads found their proper place on my knees and for the most part were pretty comfortable. These pants weren't made for walking, a quick stroll through walmart proved that they are a little on the heavy/bulky side for any long walks by the beach. The hip pockets are shaped a little strange as well, as it pushed my wallet more to the inside of my thigh/general crotch area. Both of those are minor nit pics as I didn't buy these for my walmart fashion sense.

The jacket I kept the liner in and wore just a t-shirt. Once again I had all of the vents closed, but I didn't zip the jacket up all of the way. I really like the snaps at the top that keeps the collar down. The jacket was about as stuffable as my courtech jacket. One the ride I was pretty warm, but not hot. If I was on a longer ride I probably would have stopped and at least opened the exhaust vents on the back of the jacket. Comfort wise, it wasn't too bulky or loose for my liking.

End results, I'm pretty happy with it so far, I'm just waiting for some rain and 90+ degree weather.

Back