• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone using a Moto Vis seat?

• Thread starter Deleted member 10242
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10242

Looking to add a new seat to my 2022 NC750X. OEM seat gets pretty uncomfortable after an hour or so in the saddle. Also wouldn't mind a little extra height so my legs have a bit more room. Happened to see a Moto Vis seat but haven't heard any actual feedback from other NC riders. Looks well built and pleasant to the eye. Anyone have any feedback on this seat? https://motovis.bike/en/sei-confort-honda-nc750x-2021-2022/

Never seen one of those. It looks like it is very similar shape to the stock, but perhaps with a bit more padding?

If I was shopping today I'd seriously look at the LAAM SEATS out of California.

My wife's NC700x has a Corbin seat, my NC750x has a Russel's Day Long Saddle.

Never seen one of those. It looks like it is very similar shape to the stock, but perhaps with a bit more padding?

If I was shopping today I'd seriously look at the LAAM SEATS out of California.

My wife's NC700x has a Corbin seat, my NC750x has a Russel's Day Long Saddle.
Thanks for quick feedback. Interestingly, I've seen mixed reviews on the Corbin seats (same with Seat Concepts). LAAM seats look very nice. Not crazy about having to send him my seat as that means no riding for a week or so. But maybe that is worth it in the long run. May have to talk with them to see what they would suggest to help make the ride more bearable.

First I have not heard of this company but since it is in Romania, I am not surprised.

I just got my seat back from LAAM. I had him remove the forward slope, move the pocket to the back of the seat, and add 1" to the height. I cannot believe the difference it made.

Last edited:
I have not seen or heard of that brand aftermarket seat.

When I look at the pictures and read the description, it has, to me, strong hints of the old Shad “comfort” seats. I had a Shad, and it would feel great when you first sit on it, then later on in the trip the soft foam crushes down and you’re just sitting on the hard forward slope seat pan.

In any case, looking at how low the front of that motovis seat is, just before it rises to match up with the frunk, that seat has forward slope written all over it. You would be forced to sit in that little pocket just behind the frunk.

Last edited:
Thanks for quick feedback. Interestingly, I've seen mixed reviews on the Corbin seats (same with Seat Concepts). LAAM seats look very nice. Not crazy about having to send him my seat as that means no riding for a week or so. But maybe that is worth it in the long run. May have to talk with them to see what they would suggest to help make the ride more bearable.
I had a Corbin on my last bike. They are very firm, but honestly it works. I would get one for my 750, but I’m not sure if they Ever addressed the mating issue between the from and rear seats

Forgive me if this is stating the obvious. Opinions on seats is as subjective as tires, in my opinion. I’ve had four Corbin seats and loved every one of them. Others hate them on the same bike. It seems the Russel Day longs are the most liked. Corbin is close to them though. From what I understand, firmer and wider is what most riders will prefer.

First I have not heard of this company but since it is in Romania, I am not surprised.

I just got my seat back from LAAM. I had him remove the forward slope, move the pocket to the back of the seat, and add 1" to the height. I cannot believe the difference it made.
Can you upload a picture of the new LAAM seat? I would love to see how it looks.

Just looked up Russel Day Long Seats:

"Mail-in orders submitted today are booking for early August 2022. Please fill out the online order form to receive a date.

Ride-in appointments are now booking for Fall 2022. Please call to book a ride-in 1 day service. Summer dates are filled up fast!

Next years calendar will open on September 1st."

Pics here:

Looks comfy. What do you mean by "move seat pocket to the rear of the seat"? Not sure what that is. I completed an online form for the LAAM a few days ago. Haven't heard back. Guess it's better to call them. I think I'll tell them I want everything you did other than I think I'll include the rear seat even though I also ride alone. Just cosmetics.

Looks comfy. What do you mean by "move seat pocket to the rear of the seat"? Not sure what that is. I completed an online form for the LAAM a few days ago. Haven't heard back. Guess it's better to call them. I think I'll tell them I want everything you did other than I think I'll include the rear seat even though I also ride alone. Just cosmetics.
The 'pocket' is the natural location on the seat where you sit. It is usually dished out in that area. You need to call Seth Laam to get a date. He answers the phone but does not check email. I always called him around 4:00 p.m. CA time and he always answered the phone.

I've had a Sargent and then a Seat Concepts, and I'm happy now with the Seat Concepts seat, its nearly perfect my bottom and back are not sore after 1-2 hour ride, after1.5 hours riding, it's a good time to get off and walk around anyways.. I'm not spending anymore on a seat.

Looking to add a new seat to my 2022 NC750X. OEM seat gets pretty uncomfortable after an hour or so in the saddle. Also wouldn't mind a little extra height so my legs have a bit more room. Happened to see a Moto Vis seat but haven't heard any actual feedback from other NC riders. Looks well built and pleasant to the eye. Anyone have any feedback on this seat? https://motovis.bike/en/sei-confort-honda-nc750x-2021-2022/
Seat height in the sense of more legroom:
- Honda VFR800 all models rider 25 mm footpeg lowering kit, from EBAY. It fits, except for the left footpeg spring. I do not miss it.
- 2 small pieces of wood under the seat, left and right front, where the seat sits on the metal. It raises the front of the seat with 22 mm. The front of the seat does not "lock" anymore, it does not matter, but you can make something; see youtube videos about it.

That gave me all together nearly 50 mm or 2 inches of legroom. What a difference: me knees don't hurt anymore.
And the seat does not slope forwards anymore; it makes the seat bigger, you can move.

Have fun

I have had 2 seats done by Russell. They do great work. Well worth the wait. Very good customer service. Last but not least, the seat greatly improves the comfort on the bike. Truly an "All Day Seat"

Back