• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone tried this hugger?

I purchased one of these huggers for my 700 right after buying it 4 years ago. I did a great job of keeping things kinda clean, but eventually it cracked due to vibration.

It is held in place to the swing arm by a very large tie wrap/zip tie. After a few years I noticed some strange rattle and found there to be a crack at the lower part of the fender.

Did not replace it since I already had installed a foam wrap around the rear shock. I think it was from Twisted Throttle.

I purchased one of these huggers for my 700 right after buying it 4 years ago. I did a great job of keeping things kinda clean, but eventually it cracked due to vibration.

It is held in place to the swing arm by a very large tie wrap/zip tie. After a few years I noticed some strange rattle and found there to be a crack at the lower part of the fender.

Did not replace it since I already had installed a foam wrap around the rear shock. I think it was from Twisted Throttle.

oldmanaz, the Pyramid plastics hugger was the one like you had, held on by a single cable tie. The one the OP is referring to in post #1 is much different. The link to the eBay item shows the original hugger listing is no longer available, so eBay is taking it upon themselves to show you the Pyramid item instead. The Pyramid is not the one broma345 is asking about.

The photo below is of the hugger the OP is referring to.

28217C69-1BE6-4FD2-9794-2D08F7686E96.jpg

Last edited:
Forgive me for going off topic, IF I am, but here is a nice D.I.Y. solution.... [HERE]
mudguard.jpg

and with or without the mudguard, you can also do [THIS]
both are very cheap and a fun engineering project.

coats.jpg

Last edited:
oldmanaz, the Pyramid plastics hugger was the one like you had, held on by a single cable tie. The one the OP is referring to in post #1 is much different. The link to the eBay item shows the original hugger listing is no longer available, so eBay is taking it upon themselves to show you the Pyramid item instead. The Pyramid is not the one broma345 is asking about.

The photo below is of the hugger the OP is referring to.

View attachment 37008

Thanks for the clarification.

That one looks a bit more robust than the Pyramid hugger.

Thanks for the clarification.

That one looks a bit more robust than the Pyramid hugger.

I agree. It does look like a nice design. There’s plenty of clearance to the tire, and the hugger extends back far enough to be somewhat useful.

Back