• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone tried Continental Road Attack 3?

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
Read a couple good things about them, but haven't seen a review of them here. Anyone run them before?

Great! I've run ContiMotions, the OEM Metzeler Z8, PilotRoad 4, and Angel GT (not worn out yet) on this bike, so any comparisons to any of those would be easy for me to understand.

How are they for longevity in a straight-ahead commuter scenario? Touring?

How are they for handling? Do they like to turn and handle quickly, or are they a slower-turning, slower-handling set?

It rarely rains where I live or ride, so wet is less important, but when it does rain it's _super_ slick because of all the build-up on the road.

Any experience with them in super-high temps?

I use them for commuting and weekend tooling around. I’ve put 3k on them and they hardly look used. Only ridden in light rain but they stick really well. It doesn’t get blistering hot here so I can’t speak to that. One thing I can say is thst if the pressure in the rear wheel is too low, the bike feels a little like the back wheel is slipping. If I pay attention to the pressure, they feel very stable through corners as fast as I feel like taking them.

That's how my Angel GT felt yesterday...when it had lost 3/4 or more of its air pressure...
:(

I went with RoadAttack 3s front and rear. I’ll try to remember to post an update after a while. So far they’re great, but limited time or miles.

when the RA3's won the Motorrad Magazine Sport Tour Tire test the year they were introduced I put a set on my BMW R9T. They absolutely transformed the bike with exponentially lighter steering and sport tire grip (the R9T is a bit of a heavy steering bike with most tires). We put a set on our S1000XR and that 150 HP Shredder went from being a great handling bike to being a great handling bike that steers and turns with the lightness of a DRZ400SM.

The only tire I have tested to date that comes close to the unbelievably light feel of the RA3's is the Bridgestone S22's. The Stones last around 2K miles on the S1000XR while 3 sets of RA3's have averaged 3,800 miles. On my R9T the RA3's lasted at least 1K miles longer than anything else. Cost per mile and convenience (less tire changes) favor the RA3 so the $100 or so up charge for the Contis is money well spent. Trying to describe the feathery light and secure steering feel of these tires will never do them justice, just try them if you want something uniquely better than everything else I have tried to date. And I try them all at 25 to 30,000 miles a year living an hour and 15 minutes from Deals Gap, NC.

Now that I have an NC again I will get a chance to try the smaller size Bridgestone T31 on my own bike. The 180/55 version was a bit of a letdown on my R1200R water boxer with the front only lasting 1,900 miles and the steering felt heavier than the S22 and RA3. I test rode a CB500X with T31s and the tires felt like sport rubber and the bike had extremely light steering feel. I have 400 miles my new NC750X and I will be putting on a set of T31s this week to give them a try just to see if they can feel as great as the CB500 felt. It will be a bit of a different test

KEB

Reactions: MZ5
Still really not putting many miles on the bike, but really liking the Contis. Excellent grip, very good handling, reasonably 'quick' steering. If I had to declare, I'd say the Angel GTs are a little sharper handling, but I like the Contis quite well.

Still really not putting many miles on the bike, but really liking the Contis. Excellent grip, very good handling, reasonably 'quick' steering. If I had to declare, I'd say the Angel GTs are a little sharper handling, but I like the Contis quite well.
the contis are great tires...just dont like the half inch of no thread in the middle, so there is no tire wear indicators in the middle and I have went from plenty of tire to cord showing in 40 miles-chicken stripes are inevitable here in Indiana and my commute (superslab) to work-76 miles round trip with 60 being on the superslab.

Back