• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone running Heidenau K60 scout tires?

fiestcr

Reaction score
Visit site
Will the 700 support a 170 rear tire? Which is what the Heidenau K 60 comes in. That or a 150.
The front comes in a 120/90/17 vs the stock 120/70/17. just wondering if that 90 would make a difference. I know that is the aspect ratio, but??
thanks

I had them on my tiger explorer. Good in sand and mud. Last forever. A little slippery in the rain on the road. Near impossible to mount so make sure you have someone else do it!

Some must watch while others must sleep

The 150 rear Heidenau is a better bet than the 170. I ran one and it did fine other than being a be-atch to mount and being slippery as snail trails in the wet. I finally trashed the left side of my bike sliding down a wet steel loading ramp onto a ferry in a driving rain. I won't use them again.

I think you would regret the mis-sized front. A 120/70 TKC80 will work great up there and will last quite a distance.

I've just purchased a set of Shinko 705s in 120/70R17 and 150/70R17 because of all of the positive reviews they've received. They have a great price point as well, which is a bonus. As cheap as they are, I'm thinking they are at least worth a try.

Now I just have to mount them....

I run the Mitas E07 rear instead of the K60. love it. On the front, to run a 120/90 you have to remove the front fender or raise it a lot which would require fork extenders.

Just finished up a set of TKC80 front and a 150/70 17" Heidenau k60 Scout rear. Loved the TKC80. Super mixed on the K60. Worst aspect, as Beemerphile mentions, is their wet performance. Had a couple of butt clinchers on wet roads, more than I'd really like to experience again. Cant beat their life though. My front and rear wore evenly, nearly 10k miles. Im about to slap on TKC's all around, but Ive heard good things about Shinko 805's for the back. Supposed to wear much better!

The Kenda K784 Big Block Rear Tire 150/70-17 is by far the best dirt tire I have ever owned on any bike. The Kenda K784 Big Block Rear Tire 150/70-17 is by far the worst wet asphalt tire I have ever owned on any bike. So, if you do not mine sliding though a few red lights with your fingers and eye balls crossed when on wet asphalt, the Kenda K784 Big Block Rear Tire 150/70-17 will be the best dirt tire you have ever owned on any bike.

But, if you want to be safe in all conditions you just can not beat the short tire life on asphalt TKC 80 front and rear.

Last edited:
If a rear TKC80 would last like a front TKC80, they would sell a blue million of them. Good that the front one wears so well, because that is the most important one.

With a bad rear you lose traction. With a bad front you lose directional control.

Just on the rear. Its been great. I've gone through two fronts and there is lots left on the rear...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

A harder compound will always last but give poor traction in the wet, with all tyres we face the compromise of traction vs longevity. PR 3-4 seem to be the best at that. A few friends shift between Tourances and Shinko 7 series with both claiming good all around + some off road ability ( limited). Around here when we get rain we get deluged so pick a tyre for your climate perameters.

Back