• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone have gear altered?

Chestnut

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a really hard time finding gear that fits. (5'9" with a 30" waist and curves) Gear manufacturers don't seem to believe in women taller than 5'5", and men's gear they don't believe in those proportions. So I'm contemplaing getting some kind of textile grear with the length I need and having it tailored locally. Custom gear isn't financially feasible right now. Has anybody done this?

I have a really hard time finding gear that fits. (5'9" with a 30" waist and curves) Gear manufacturers don't seem to believe in women taller than 5'5", and men's gear they don't believe in those proportions. So I'm contemplaing getting some kind of textile grear with the length I need and having it tailored locally. Custom gear isn't financially feasible right now. Has anybody done this?

It is not that it cannot be done, but it will be too expensive and may fit awkwardly.
Best to then buy some men-size or go Home :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear (expensive but worth every penny, I was told)
:p
Any pictures?

I looked at aerostitch, unfortunately I'd have to get custom there, too. I have some men's gear now, but for some reason tall sizes seem to be available with large and up.
There's at least one picture on my pacific coast highway thread. I'd link it, but don't know how on my phone.

Yeah, its the curves that disqualify you for mens gear! :) 5'9 with a 30 inch waist they can do, but throw a chest in there and you're out of luck. I bought my ex wife a couple jackets and had to get larger mens sizes to fit her 38DD chest. She pulled it off ok, I'm sure you look better in yours than you think..

For pants have you tried the Scorpion line at revzilla.com? You have to order a size larger than normal but the reviews are generally good.

Short story....my daughter 5'10 and has a butt (unlike me), we measured her and ordered the Scorpion Savannah size large. The length was good but waist was small. The pants looked good. Way better than her in my riding pants. Returned them to Revzilla to get an XL which should fit perfectly but Scorpion was switching to a newer version so no XL available. Looks like the new version is now out so I'll be ordering them before long. Had another personal recommendation for these pants from another member's daughter.

Back