• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone experience Madstad windshield on 2021 DCT?

Hi all,

I have the NC750X DCT 2021. The wind gets my entire head, it's very annoying on highways, and I have to commute. My helmet is HJC RPHA90, on paper very good but very noisy (noise seem to be coming from around the neck on the side.

I am thinking to order a Madstad, but cannot find much information on NC owners who have installed it on recent models. I am about 6ft (180cm) tall. The seat is also talelr than stock, a SeatConcept foam with maybe 2 more inches than stock.

Any tip or help? If Madstad is the answer, than which length is appropriate: 18, 20, 22,L

Exactly, buyer beware..2015 & 2017 NC with bark busters, risr, quad lock and the likes need to cut/trim a lot to get it to work. Did I say categorically….. Senior moment again. Pardon my contribution, signing off.

Interesting… I went to look at the windscreen height recommendations to see which one I ordered, but the 2021+ NC750X has been removed from the website. They must be redesigning it, hopefully to deal with the width issues and mirrors/hand guards.

I looked at my email receipt, and I had ordered a 20” windscreen like they recommended. I would advise going the next size up for your height if they re-release it. It’s almost enough to completely remove air buffering at its max height, but I still feel it a bit, unless I crouch in the seat. The next height would have been perfect. I might attach one of those cheap windscreen height deflectors and hope that does the trick.

Also, regarding hand guards. My bike came with the cheap eBay hand guards. Normally they are worthless, but in this case they worked in my favor. I was able to bend the attachment points down and saw the top of the guards, so now it only barely touches the windscreen at full lock. They won’t do anything in a crash, but they block bugs and wind from hitting my hands.

Interesting… I went to look at the windscreen height recommendations to see which one I ordered, but the 2021+ NC750X has been removed from the website. They must be redesigning it, hopefully to deal with the width issues and mirrors/hand guards.

I looked at my email receipt, and I had ordered a 20” windscreen like they recommended. I would advise going the next size up for your height if they re-release it. It’s almost enough to completely remove air buffering at its max height, but I still feel it a bit, unless I crouch in the seat. The next height would have been perfect. I might attach one of those cheap windscreen height deflectors and hope that does the trick.

Also, regarding hand guards. My bike came with the cheap eBay hand guards. Normally they are worthless, but in this case they worked in my favor. I was able to bend the attachment points down and saw the top of the guards, so now it only barely touches the windscreen at full lock. They won’t do anything in a crash, but they block bugs and wind from hitting my hands.
Bullhead,

Recently I had come email communication with Madstad Customer Service regarding the windshield for the 2021 NC750. I too was looking for information and they informed me that they were re-designing the 2021 windshield but did share specifics. They took down the specific page and will be putting up the revised page and information once they are finished. Sorry but I guess I deleted their email to me but if you email Customer Service I am sure that you will get a message like the one I received.

Just ordered my new Madstad for our 2023. I've been waiting and can't wait to put it on. The Stock windscreen was Just barely adequate. My torso is long and using the technique they recommended for sizing I ordered a 24" in light grey. I'll update with how long it takes to receive and pictures when I'm done.

Response from Madstad regarding latest gen NC and Barkbusters:

We are very excited and thanks for checking in regarding Bark Busters. We left room beyond the stock guards for larger hand guards but did not test specifically yours. Are you located within the US48? I ask because if you order the kit and if there's any issue, we'll pick up the return shipping and give you a full refund of the purchase price.

Follow up email - please consider this addendum if ordering:

And I should have clarified, normally there is a 10 - 15% restocking fee applied to returns within 30 days, but I wanted to offer that to you since we have not confirmed the Bark Buster brand fitment for certain. No biggie at all though and if you happen to order reasonably soon, say within 3 weeks, please let me know and I'll add a special note regarding the fee waiver to your order. Or by that time I may also have confirmation regarding the BB fitment.

Last edited:
The stock screen is inadequate for me but I may go OEM tall because it does appear (based on photos from others) that it will work…..

Sorry for never reporting back here, but I got my Madstad Windshield a while back (clear transparent). Installation was a bit tricky but they have a video clear enough, so just followed it. The change is absolutely dramatic. I keep the top of the shield at the level of my mouth or chin approximately. Until 50-60mph there is no need to close my modular helmet. I feel much more confident and comfortable riding at 80-90mph on the highway. The original setup made me feel unsafe with a lot of wind buffets around 75-80mph. The best thing is still not even needing to close the helmet til 45mph. In our state, I can even ride without a helmet which would be possible with the Madstad, but I don't do it. In summer, I can now use a half helmet for short rides, no problems at all. Noise on the helmet is still a thing because I got a crappy HJC RPHA 90S which is a rattling box, but I can barely hear the engine after putting on the Airpods Pro 2. Those airpods combined with the DCT are another blessing, you can't not-hear the engine if you need to change gears. Some of you may say that I am taking the fun off riding a motorcycle, but it does not matter. There are times I can ride for fun and there are times I have to commute. Moreover, riding with less noise gives me more confidence to put a more aggressive ride.

If someone still needs pictures of the bike with the Madstad Windshield, let me know.

I have a 2023 with a 24" light gray Madstad screen. If I had it to do over again, I would purchase a clear screen at 22" I think the light gray is just too dark. It's a vast improvement over the stock screen. Our state requires a helmet at all times. I have a modular.

Back