• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone done a valve adjustment on a 2021 Nc750 yet?

Gixus

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone done a valve adjustment on a 2021 Nc750 yet? If so I’m wondering how it went. Pre-21s just had screw and nut valve adjustment, which is pretty easy to do. I understand that the valve train was changed starting in 2021.

Has anyone done a valve adjustment on a 2021 Nc750 yet? If so I’m wondering how it went. Pre-21s just had screw and nut valve adjustment, which is pretty easy to do. I understand that the valve train was changed starting in 2021.
I had never heard that the valve train was changed for 2021. Can you describe what is different in the engine for 2021 compared to prior NC750X model years?

I had never heard that the valve train was changed for 2021. Can you describe what is different in the engine for 2021 compared to prior NC750X model years?
I read a while back in some promotional blurb , but can’t find it now that the valve train has been changed. I believe the exhaust valves are screw and nut but the inlet has a separate arrangement with shims. I’ll see if I can find the info again. I actually saw photos of the new valve arrangement.

Hmm. I checked on partsfish.com the differences between the 2020 and 2021 valve train. Apart from the camshaft being a different part number between the two, I can’t see any difference. I could have sworn that I saw information saying the valve train was different on the 2021.

Maybe someone who has a 2021 Service Manual could check and advise.

I read a while back in some promotional blurb , but can’t find it now that the valve train has been changed. I believe the exhaust valves are screw and nut but the inlet has a separate arrangement with shims. I’ll see if I can find the info again. I actually saw photos of the new valve arrangement.
The Honda Unicam design you describe, with part screw/nut, and part shim, is employed on the Africa Twin engine (and others), and was hinted to be coming on a rumored, but yet unseen new 800-850cc Honda engine. It is NOT used on any current or past NC series 670cc or 745cc engines.

If you want to jog your memory of where you might have seen this valve actuation arrangement, search on Honda Unicam.

The Honda Unicam design you describe, with part screw/nut, and part shim, is employed on the Africa Twin engine (and others), and was hinted to be coming on a rumored, but yet unseen new 800-850cc Honda engine. It is NOT used on any current or past NC series 670cc or 745cc engines.

If you want to jog your memory of where you might have seen this valve actuation arragement, search on Honda Unicam.
Thanks. That was probably it.

If you want to jog your memory of where you might have seen this valve actuation arrangement, search on Honda Unicam.
I just found this on a U.K. Nc site. It was in relation to putting a usb on a 2021 model, which was rather labour intensive. One member made the comment below.

Again, if anyone has a 2021 service manual, could they confirm that the valve adjustment on the 2021 is the same as previous models. Thanks.

Attachments

• 90B713D7-3DA4-41FA-BF74-4906C52320D5.png
    90B713D7-3DA4-41FA-BF74-4906C52320D5.png
    327.4 KB · Views: 26
I just found this on a U.K. Nc site. It was in relation to putting a usb on a 2021 model, which was rather labour intensive. One member made the comment below.

Again, if anyone has a 2021 service manual, could they confirm that the valve adjustment on the 2021 is the same as previous models. Thanks.
My 2021 service manual shows standard screw and locknut.

Back