• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any other NC750X models out there without ABS?

nerrrd

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I've been looking at the NC700X as a natural replacement for my ageing BMW F650CS for a long time, and lurking on your fine forums to get up to speed on the bike. One thing that put me off was that the local New Zealand model didn't have ABS (which I had on the BMW.)

When I saw the press releases on the upgraded NC750X towards the end of last year (which I thought said that ABS was going to be standard worldwide) I thought great, I'll seriously look at buying that when it gets here.

In the end I couldn't wait, and even though I test rode the 700 and really liked it I ended up buying a CB500X (with ABS.) I've had that now for 6 months and while it's a great little bike, I find myself now regretting that I didn't go for the more relaxed 700, and was thinking of trading up again.

Very disappointed and surprised to discover that once again the local importer has chosen to import a non-ABS version of the 750. So my question is, are there are any other markets out there where the NC750X is only available without ABS?

(In the meantime I'm working on getting over my ABS obsession...my 'ABSsession', if you will).

Can you pick up an ABS NC750 in Australia?

Australians must be ultra pi**ed off. They didn't get the NC700X, and Honda isn't bringing in the new NC750X either, but New Zealand gets them. How frustrating that must be! (Unless it's not a hideous hassle to import to Oz from the Kiwis.)

I think it would be prohibitively difficult to order up Aus NC750SA ABS parts and retrofit them to a New Zealand NC750X, but ya never know...

Hard to understand how they come to these decisions about which model to have where.

Briefly wondered if I could maybe swap the 500's wheels and brakes onto the 750, think I read somewhere they were the same? Hmmm...:rolleyes:

Not interested in the S, really looking for the extra seat height and leg room on the X.

So far then NZ has the only non-ABS 750? Bummer.

So thought I should update this, turns out I can get the ABS version on special order from Honda NZ, albeit at a premium (extra $1000NZ on normal retail $12995NZ = $13995NZ).

Now all I have to do is find some money, upgrading to two new bikes in the space of 12 months is probably not the smartest financial move I could make.

On the plus side, at least it looks like in NZ you can get every possible variation of the NC750X and S.

Well only took me a year or so but finally have an NC of my own, turns out it's a used Japanese import with ABS and a pretty good range of extras (not all of which I would have chosen myself but it's nice to have them). Happy so far, much more 'me' than the CB500X was, but I'll miss that too.

Congratulations. Persistence pays.

Removing ABS from a bike is a troublesome task. I have done several (on BMW's). Retrofitting it is a recipe for commitment to a mental ward because it is so tightly integrated. Buying the individual parts is crazy expensive, so it only makes financial sense when there is a robust used parts market. Even then, I would not do it for love or money.

Back