• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any old road will take you there

With all the curvy roads near Brooksville you pick the straight ones? Nice tune but fodder for the "11 curves in 314 miles" crowd.

I have to take a ride over there. I'm only 85 miles away. Over here in Orlando we have nothing but traffic everywhere you go. I have to get out more. Nice video, thanks.

With all the curvy roads near Brooksville you pick the straight ones? Nice tune but fodder for the "11 curves in 314 miles" crowd.

I know right? I have plenty of those Brooksville roads on video too, and they are great. But somehow we just discovered one of these off shoot roads and wanted to get it on video to share with family and friends.

I'll take the fallout for the straight roads. Ya gotta take a few of these to get to those curves if you ride there.

Last edited:
Hi Thump, I enjoyed your video. I've been exploring all of the back roads that are west and north of Ocala. ...beautiful horse and farming country.

Rich

Thanks Rich! Great roads up that way too. Derby is coming up, and we always eat lunch at the Horse and Hound on Derby day.

That is the problem with this part of Florida. While you can find empty roads, the place is so flat, all the roads are straight. I live in Wesley Chapel and go north to Trilby and Brooksville for the long rides. So suggestions on the better roads are appreciated.

Come ride with us sometime in the future Mike. Terry went one day up to Inverness for lunch and we had a great ride. The curvy roads aren't long, but they certainly are fun and when linked together, it makes for a good long riding day.

Hey guys, I am going to be down visiting my wife in Williston (between Gainesville and Ocala) the first week in June (arriving on the 1st, leaving on the 7th). If any of you available during the week, we need to get together for a meet and greet. I usually ride down to Homosassa at least once while I am visiting. By the way, on US19, are there 11 curves in 314 miles? :) LOL. I think there are 2 curves on US19 from Fl24 to fl 44.....
Hey Big Thump, which horse and hound are you referring? I know the one that is just north of Ocala on US27, not far from the Ocala horse track and airport.

Hey guys, I am going to be down visiting my wife in Williston (between Gainesville and Ocala) the first week in June (arriving on the 1st, leaving on the 7th). If any of you available during the week, we need to get together for a meet and greet. I usually ride down to Homosassa at least once while I am visiting. By the way, on US19, are there 11 curves in 314 miles? :) LOL. I think there are 2 curves on US19 from Fl24 to fl 44.....
Hey Big Thump, which horse and hound are you referring? I know the one that is just north of Ocala on US27, not far from the Ocala horse track and airport.
Yes that is the same place! Good food, small Pub and on Derby Day they sometimes have Mint Juleps. My wife and I love to watch the races and Ocala is one of our historical destinations for that weekend of racing.

I think we will be on the road in June trying for an Ironbutt 50cc. Still, let me know when you are in town and if our plans change, I would like to get together for lunch somewhere. Take you on some nice roads in the area.

I have to take a ride over there. I'm only 85 miles away. Over here in Orlando we have nothing but traffic everywhere you go. I have to get out more. Nice video, thanks.

Shoot me a PM when you are heading this way and if we are free, we can show you some pretty roads. If not, if you have a GPS that can use .gpx files, I will share them with you. We usually map our own routes and save them.

Yes that is the same place! Good food, small Pub and on Derby Day they sometimes have Mint Juleps. My wife and I love to watch the races and Ocala is one of our historical destinations for that weekend of racing.

I think we will be on the road in June trying for an Ironbutt 50cc. Still, let me know when you are in town and if our plans change, I would like to get together for lunch somewhere. Take you on some nice roads in the area.

You know, I have lived in the Louisville area most of my life (55years) and have never been to the Derby-PITA, even make it a point to stay away from Louisville on Derby Day. I have been to a few Oaks Day (the day before). I will let you know when I am down. Good luck with the Ironbutt 50cc.

Those roads are so empty! If that was in
England I would have seen a couple of hundred cars or so going the other way...
I think England is one of the more dense areas in Europe, population wise - the opposite of Scotland or so...
Whenever I see videos of nice winding roads I always see so much traffic it makes the fun dissipate quickly...

That is the problem with this part of Florida. While you can find empty roads, the place is so flat, all the roads are straight.
Sounds like a bicycle's paradise - or not?

I think England is one of the more dense areas in Europe, population wise -

Yep England as a country is getting to be one of the most densely populated as our wonderful politicians are addicted to immigration.. The long term social issues could be problematic in years to come, but that's for someone else to worry about as I'll be long gone by then.

Back