• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any known problems to look for.

Barender

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking at a 2015 nc700x and wondering if there is anything I should look for before possibly buying or to be aware of?
Thanks

The NC700X is pretty bullet proof. I can't think of a one thing that can be a deal breaker. If everything works there's not much to go wrong.

DCT or manual transmission? We've had a few DCT bikes with a bad shift pin in the transmission but the bike won't shift properly with this problem and it will be readily apparent on a test ride.

How many miles on the scoot? Asking price? Might give a better idea on certain wear items..

Where abouts in Georgia are ye?

No known issues with the bike as it is designed.
Just check usual wear items: brake pads and fluid, tires, oil, chain adjustment, chain lube, coolant condition and level, etc. Make sure it rides straight and shifts right.

JT

As others have said, take a look at the wear items, plus, take a look at the chain, and how much adjustment is left.
I looked at a 2014 locally, with 4000 miles on it , and the chain was loose, and looking at the marks, it had been adjusted already.
I later bought a 2013 which had a well adjusted chain, and it had never been adjusted , at 7800 miles.
This told me the bike had led an easy life, not been abused, and was probably in better shape.
I’m in GA also let me know if I can be of assistance.

Not enough hours in the day for riding is the biggest problem

I know of a rare computer issue but it's even more rare for it to be anything more than annoying. Honda has its reputation for a reason— they're reliable

Here is a list of all the problems that I had with my 2015 DCT (over 26k miles):
1) Oh yeah, there were none

Enjoy the bike!
>T

I have 30 thousand miles on mine and I replaced sprockets and chain at about 25 thousand miles. I change oil and filter every 8000 miles. I have to change my rear tire about every season and my front tire about every other season. I will be changing front and rear brakes probably this weekend for the first time (they are both low at the moment). I suspect that my fork seals will need to be replaced fairly soon but I haven't seen them leaking yet so I will wait until I get a visual cue. With that being said I love it and will likely ride it till I die, or it dies whichever comes first.

Back