• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Another original relay mod for led flasher - everything working

Frank

Reaction score
Visit site
Here in Germany the hazard lights should work with ignition off, but I couldn't find a electrical relay that works with led turn signals.
So we tried to figure out why the stock relay doesn't work with them and we had success. It is not complicated to do the mod.

If you want to mod your original relay for bulbs you can have now:

Failure detection if one turn signal is broken
Hazard lights also working with 3 turn signals if on is broken using the sequence ignition on, hazard lights on, ignition off.
The hazard lights will run until you disable them, you can not start them again. You have to use the sequence like before that is how it normally works.
Normal blinking frequency.

If you would like to know how this is done here is a link to a pdf.
relay mod.pdf - Google Drive

Frank

Last edited:
That's good info, Frank.

I'm thinking of taking a lazy route. I thought of putting a hidden switch in the frunk that would tie battery power directly to the flasher circuit, and also add a diode in the circuit to prevent back feeding that 12 volts into the rest of the bike's circuits. That way the flasher could be run with the key off in the rare event that it's necessary.

Hm two posts of mine are gone, is it not allowed to post a link to ebay or what have I done wrong?

Hm two posts of mine are gone, is it not allowed to post a link to ebay or what have I done wrong?

No posts are coming up requiring my moderator approval. If they've disappeared, I guess the forum software thinks they're Spam and tosses them out.

@670cc

you should use 2 diodes like in the pic I made for another forum and with a wired relay there is no need to cut the original cables
Unbenannt.jpg s-l300.jpg

And how do I avoid that the forum software tosses my links out.

Back