• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Another Garvis Honda episode. Most likely the last one...

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Today I went to Garvis Honda Dealer/Service, in Des Moines, IA, to replace the chain on my bike. Also, while waiting, let's give a test ride to 2016 VFR1200X. When I asked for the test ride, the woman at the door said no, no test riding. And than, after I told her that I talked to the Service Manager and that he said Yes, she said yes too - but to ride to the Iowa Driver License Station and back. 1 mile to test a motorcycle?!? Are you kidding me?
I was really pissed off, I canceled the chain replacement, and took the bike to the other shop, Struthers Bros.

This is 3rd time I was there to try to test a bike - always rejected. Last year, in September, I wanted to test CRF250L and XR650, while friend of mine was testing Africa Twin. He got the AF to test but was warned to go to the same DLS and back. I didn't get any of the bikes because "... they didn't have ready batteries for the bikes..."?!? But she offered me to test Kawasaki VerSys 650?!?!? In the Honda store she offered to me Kawasaki that I didn't ask? [ check the post ]

Also, once I asked to test NC750X, and no battery again.

No more Garvis Honda for me. Ever.

That is amazing. I understand some dealers don’t give test rides. But it’s one thing not to do it and another to lie about batteries as an excuse. B

My experience with bike sales at Garvis is limited. They wanted to sell me a new 2018 NC750XDCT for about 10k all fees. I asked them to throw in the top rack and carrier ($600)they said best they could do was sell them to me at cost which was $300 for both. Long story short went to Stormlake and bought my new 2020 NC750XDCT for $9060 all fees included no rack or top carrier of course. Thought 10k was a little high for a 2 year old new bike.

That is amazing. I understand some dealers don’t give test rides. But it’s one thing not to do it and another to lie about batteries as an excuse. B

Exactly. If they don't' do test ride - that's ok, that's their rule.
But I was test ride 2006 Goldwing (when my wife was thinking about two up), and CB500X several years ago.
My friend got Africa Twin, and the other guy AT before him.
Don't get me wrong, but a person who's sitting at the entrance door, and answering the phone, decide about the ride testing... something's wrong with it...

Back