• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

All-New BSA Gold Star 650 Revealed Ahead of Schedule

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
A few days ago, we received word that BSA had officially revealed their all-new Gold Star 650 ahead of schedule. Set to grace the stage of Motorcycle Live this week, the pre-debut was officially presented to the masses this past Friday – and she’s a classic beauty.

The all-new Gold Star 650 from BSA

Source: NewAtlas

According to NewAtlas, the 2022 Gold Star 650 will run somewhere around 213 kg (470 lb) and “couples traditional looks with contemporary technology, running on a single-cylinder 652-cc engine that was developed by BSA with the assistance of the Austrian Technical University of Graz, producing 45 hp and 55 Nm (40.6 lb-ft) via a slipper clutch and a five-speed gearbox.”

We’re also told that the machine will feature Brembo brakes, Continental’s dual-channel ABS, and runs on a steel double-cradle frame with 18-inch spoked wheels featuring Pirelli Phantom Sportscomp rubbers.

Other than that, the 2022 Gold Star 650 keeps things sweet and simple when it comes to electronics – apart from the ABS, an engine immobilizer system, and a handlebar-mounted USB socket, the bike runs free and clean with an LCD screen squeezed between two “pods with needles rotating clockwise,” similar to the original beastie.

Expect the Gold Star to be capable of the European A2 driving license class, with four color schemes – Insignia Red, Dawn Silver, Midnight Black, and Highland Green (my favorite).

Pricing is TBA, so stay tuned, and as always – stay safe on the twisties.

The post All-New BSA Gold Star 650 Revealed Ahead of Schedule appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Big single cylinder 650? This thing is going to ride like an off balance washing machine humping a paint shaker.

Big single cylinder 650? This thing is going to ride like an off balance washing machine humping a paint shaker.
I guess if you want to go retro, you need to do it right and get the full effect.

Actually big singles are a blast to ride--I had several BSAs--(real ones) both 441 and 500cc singles --a Honda Ascot and an MZSkorpion-660 Yamaha powered--all fun bikes lacking most modern conveniences---then I got old--the alloy tank Victors are one of the prettiest bikes ever made

Actually big singles are a blast to ride--I had several BSAs--(real ones) both 441 and 500cc singles --a Honda Ascot and an MZSkorpion-660 Yamaha powered--all fun bikes lacking most modern conveniences---then I got old--the alloy tank Victors are one of the prettiest bikes ever made
My first was a 500 single Royal Enfield. Put my feet to sleep After 30 minutes. Also shook all the bolts loose!

Last edited:
I like the idea of this new Bike. Its power production at such low revs suggest an under square Bore/Stroke ratio. However I am struggling to find out the cylinder dimensions. My current big single (89 NX650) is of course oversquare and struggles to pull cleanly under 3000rpm. One of the selling points for the NC for me was its undersquare dimensions. Its what I like nowadays.

Back