• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Air Temperature Gauge

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I missed having a temperature gauge so I installed this one I bought from Twisted Throttle.com. It comes with a piece of velcro to attach it but did not want to use it so I cut up a piece of black plastic that has a textured surface similar to the fairing piece under the instrument pod. The camera flash highlights the difference but in ambient light the plastic blends right in to the oem surface texture. I drilled two very small holes for the #4 screws to attach the gauge to the bike. If I remove the gauge these tiny holes remain instead of a piece of velcro. I used heavy duty 3M Auto Trim double stick tape to attach the clock/temp gauge to the plastic piece. The gauge is backlit for night use and under the instrument pod it will be shaded from direct sun most of the time for accurate readings.

IMG_9098_zps31929699.jpg

IMG_9099_zps2c46d116.jpg

IMG_9100_zps0bf25a77.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased and installed this SB-82100 Formotion Thermometer with the bolt-on mount and powder black P-Mount. Clock & Therms (I needed to use some 3M Super 88 black electrical tape under the bracket to get a nice snug fit on the handlebar since the Honda handlebar is just a bit smaller than the 7/8” p-mount. Bummer that Honda didn’t include a thermometer in their stock console/display… this gauge image.jpglooks and works great!

DD - I've got exactly the same one as you mounted in exactly the same place - but I've gone with the Velcro. It is surprisingly useful and riding mates will often ask me what temperature it is. Also very useful if you have heated gear, as you can otherwise be fooled into thinking the outside temp is well above freezing when it ain't.
One thing pizzed me off about the Oxford thing and that was the blue logo that kept catching my eye - easily solved with a small piece of black sticky tape.
Mike

don't bother with those. if my nads are warm then its warm if they feel like freezing then its bloody cold.
problem solve saved ma self some cash.NEXT!

Creeps Dave,,you have a fair bit of iron around your bars!!!!!Temp gauge looks neat though,,,,what about blacking out the gray to blend in better!!!

IMG_9100_zps0bf25a77.jpg
[/QUOTE]

don't bother with those. if my nads are warm then its warm

One problem you probably don't deal with that we deal with in the Deep South in the US - heat and humidity.
It can be dangerous to ride at temps above 93 degrees F, so knowing the ambient temp is a good thing, because if you're riding and sweating, you will be fooled into thinking it's cooler.

Just the other day, I looked down at my ambient temp gauge on the ST and it was 104 degrees F (and not taking into consideration the 90+% humidity!).

If you go to this Iron Butt page:
Iron Butt Magazine ...
Look for the PDF link titled "Summer 2010 -- LDR Workshop; Long-Distance Riding in Hot Weather, pages 62-66", near the bottom, and read on.

It explains how the human body is cooled, the temp danger zones, and what a person should do at those critical temps.

Here is where I mounted my Formotion Thermometer-- keeps it shaded and works really well here. Even without the ROX risers it was in a very visible spot. You can see it in the center on top of the steering head stem---- some emblem tape holds it securely in place.

x1f1ar.jpg

Yep. the guage is useful especially in frosty weather. I just might get one of those. Oxford are a UK company. I will be at the local Motorcycle Show today, so hopefully there will be an Oxford vendor there.

Back