• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aiding in clear visiion...

• Thread starter Deleted member 5383
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5383

To wash and clean helmet face shield and motorcycle eyewear, especially useful in bug country and for off-road dust build-up. Lightly filled with water and whatever cleaner (often windshield fluid) and a microfiber cloth. Accompanies a small stuff sack for dry microfiber cloths which are used for final wipe-down.

32397795941_90820e680f_b.jpg

Someone on here had a cut tennis ball zip tied to their handlebar for the purpose of holding the damp microfiber cloth. I thought it was a great idea and I plan on doing the same in the spring. There were rides last year where the bug splatter got so bad that I could barely see.

This is what makes life easier for me on winter days in the UK
I can use it on the move but obviously only with the rubber wipe on my glove but if I do want to stop and use it with a cloth, it saves raking around for the fluid.
The bottle is held in a RAM handlebar mount, which in the summer takes my satnav or camera.
Mike
32553675295_a360f66a33_c.jpg

I definitely NEED TO STOP to do clean-up when the bugs build up here, which can happen pretty quickly. At times I've though about investing in about a 1000 face-shield peel-offs but I'd have to wear about a dozen at a time. I like to see the country around me, obviously ; }

In wet weather I just wipe the back of my gloves across the visor when needed until that's no longer effective. I've thought about buying or making a lamb's wool glove backer slip-on for those times...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back