• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ahhh oil filter from hell

cdnuser

Reaction score
Visit site
See anything wrong with this photo
ygesu5um.jpg

Who put this thing on?
I want him here right now so i can...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took a big screwdriver to finally get it off. Then I realized that the dealer gave me the wrong oil (10w40). Gave me an excuse that it would be fine. But I went with what the book says and went back and swapped it.
I put in just over 3.4L
yramu4ut.jpg

I just get in there with my sausage fingers and twist it off. ;)

Clamping strength of Godzilla and immune to 200* hot oil filled metal canisters?

Ya, don't be offended if I decline to shake hands when we meet, buddy. I still one day dream of playing the violin or becoming a brain surgeon. I have the delicate girl hands, lol :D

It took a big screwdriver to finally get it off. Then I realized that the dealer gave me the wrong oil (10w40). Gave me an excuse that it would be fine. But I went with what the book says and went back and swapped it.
I put in just over 3.4L

I had one of these for the GoldWing so I bought one for the X and I have no problems changing the oil.

Show Chrome Accessories 4-201 Oil Filter Wrenchfilter_wrench.jpg

Sorry I'm on a Win8.1 box not my MAC so I can't (my stupid) insert an image. I keep one in each bike so I can change the oil filter any time I have time and it needs to be done.

Last edited:
Socket oil filter wrenches do the job of getting the filter off the bike every time. However, every once in a while the oil filter will move slightly inside the socket oil filter wrench. Then need plumbers chain wrench to get the filter out of the socket oil filter wrench.

GearLeverage.jpg

The brand does not matter as the gear leverage oil filter wrenches can be bought at WalMart. No socket oil filter - oil filter wrestling match this way.

Last edited:
That looks normal for the first oil change

YUP! I should be doing the first oil change on the X next week. the first oil changes on all of my previous 7 new honda's were all that way... I'm beginning to think there is a gorilla at the factory that puts the oil filters on....or they just want us to think that oil changes are too difficult to do on your own...

Back