• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information Aftermarket seat

Hey Flyer, i have had one that i bought a few years ago from a member here. I regret parting with it when i traded my 12' for the beautiful 15' DCT i have now. For some the Corbin, or Sargent seats are sufficient, i was spoiled by the RDL and have been thinking of getting another one. I recently tried a brand new Saddlemen and parted with it quickly to try a brand new Sargent seat that i'm on now. I'm just not as happy with this one either and am seriously rethinking the RDL. Many other riders have enjoyed each of the other seats and have been completely happy. I just can't seem to find another one i'm happy with.... So this winter a new RDL it just may have to be. Good luck in your choice.

I had a Russell DayLong, then sold it. Those side wings were just not my thing, making it difficult to put my feet down at a stop. Also, the saddle design makes it difficult to shift positions during long trips.

I think one forum member here already did, or was in the process of removing the side wings on an RDL.

I think, based on my experience, if a rider has a 34 inch or greater inseam, the RDL seat could work well on an NC7x0X. My legs were shorter than that. I can think of a few happy RDL owners, and they are tall people.

I am thinking about buying a Russell day long seat for obvious reasons. Has anyone used one or do you have a suggestion.
I am on my second Russell seat. Had one fe years back on a CTX I owned. I have the current one about 3 months. Great seat, quality construction, great service. From the time you mail them the seat, there is about a 4 week turnaround.

Thank you all for your replies. I have tried everything, memory foam, sheep skin, beads, the blowup pillow thing and lately the purple cushion.
They all help, but it doesn't take long before my 79 year old skinny butt is unhappy. It is not just the NC, but every bike I have owned. My Goldwing
was the best I assume because the seat was wide and cradled my butt.
I am going to give the RDL a try because I do want to a get in some long rides. Every review I have read/watched has been positive.

A note on seat height. I lowered my bike about 1.5 inches using KoubaLinks. This really helps.

The RDL will be about 1 1/2” higher than the stock seat. They would also be able to make it taller. I am 5’10” with 32” in seam & it worked out great. I also have the lower pegs, so between the seat & the pegs the leg room is perfect. By the way I’m 71, a little behind you, but we are still in the “70” Club

So I will be back to the original height of the bike which was okay. I have a DCT so having to lean to one side is not
as big a problem as standard shift.
I assume you are retired if you are in the "70" club which is wonderful.

So I will be back to the original height of the bike which was okay. I have a DCT so having to lean to one side is not
as big a problem as standard shift.
I assume you are retired if you are in the "70" club which is wonderful.
Retired 8 1/2 years, enjoying it greatly. Every day is a gift, Thank You Lord!!

I too am getting close to either an RDL or a Rocky Mayer seat. I had one of Rocky’s on my ‘13 Super Tenere and it was pretty decent. I too am 70, retired two years ago this coming January.

I too am getting close to either an RDL or a Rocky Mayer seat. I had one of Rocky’s on my ‘13 Super Tenere and it was pretty decent. I too am 70, retired two years ago this coming January.
Sadly, Rocky passed away in July of this year. It appears that BMS is still open for business.

• Sad
Reactions: MZ5
Wow, hate to hear that. I had talked to the man himself on several occasions during the process of getting my Super T’s seat. Nice guy and very customer oriented. He acted like he truly cared about his customer (me) being fully satisfied with my new seat,

Back