• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventurizing my NC700X

V-FORE

Reaction score
Visit site
Well with a little over 55k on my NC, I am planning a trip up north in BC this summer on & off road and have decided to take the NC. I started by reading all the great posts here and after reading North Shore South Shore | Two wheels move the soul two brothers go from Canada to Argentina on NC700's. Now I have a pair of Continental TKC80's mounted on a second set of wheels, Krator Kawasaki pegs, tusk 1" bar risers, Hepco & Becker Engine Guards & Skid Plate. I am looking forward to some alternative routes! I have taken her on fire roads & gravel but with the street tires it wasn't much fun. Thanks to all who have shared their changes, it is appreciated!!!

Gary

Enjoy! If you haven't, I would add a radiator guard, front fender extender and perhaps some form of protection for your front fork tubes.

I would add hand guards and a mount for spare fuel.
If you expect anything more testing than a gravel road you should consider a suspension upgrade.

I ride on gravel roads all the time and the nc stock is fine.
Actual off road is another story.

This shows me riding with the stock suspension and street tires in pasture and woods.
This video is longer than I would make it today, but it does show how much front end dive you get from a bump like the dry creek bed.

Off road on my Honda NC 700x dct - YouTube

Last edited:
Pictures as soon as I get all the parts in...., yes I did put a Radiator guard on, I will look for fork gators soon. I understand the limitations of the NC in heavy off road, but then again at 55 years old I am not looking to replicate what I used to do in my teens and early 20s:cool: Lucky to still be on the planet! I figure that the NC has better off road capability then my 94 VFR which I have ridden on all sorts of terrain in her 117,000 miles : )

Last edited:
Did you have to modify the Krator pegs to make them fit? Surely they are not a bolt up install.
f

Yes, just had to grind off a little. A bargin!! Great pegs, I love them much more comfortable for standing on then the stock pegs.

From the post Footpeg replacement on the cheap post #17 (Thank you!)

"Having had more than my share of gravy and biscuits over the years, I figured if I was gonna trust some el cheapo footpegs, they were gonna have to be solid. These Krator Kawasaki pegs smithb9 recommended seemed a bit more substantial than the Suzuki ones L.B.S. used (no offense meant). Plus, as much fun as fabricating an aluminum bushing sounds, the KLR pegs already have the right size hole. I did get to use my aforementioned mill to remove the 2 areas circled in red below. The pegs fit without removing them, but they prevent the footpegs from folding and you never know when you might find yourself in a footpeg-dragging moment and wake up in a ditch with a busted up bike, because your footpeg grabbed some pavement and sent you flying.

Footpeg replacement on the cheap-pegs-jpg"

Here are a couple of pictures of the new skid plate, pegs, engine guards & Rad cover. As soon as I put the other wheels/tires on her I will get better photos.IMG_1695.jpgIMG_1695.jpgIMG_1696.jpgIMG_1697.jpgIMG_1698.jpgIMG_1699.jpg

Last edited:
The radiator protection is nice but IMO has large unprotected gaps while at the same time blocking too much air.

View attachment 35824 Changed wheels, here she sits with her TKC 80 Shoes
[emoji1360]
562710045f1041e4127c185a106014d0.jpg

I have been looking at engine guards and see you have the Hepco Becker guard. I had seen reports of problems getting this bar installed due to clearance issues with brake lines. Did you have any issues installing your engine guard? Bike is looking good!

Well with a little over 55k on my NC, I am planning a trip up north in BC this summer on & off road and have decided to take the NC. I started by reading all the great posts here and after reading North Shore South Shore | Two wheels move the soul two brothers go from Canada to Argentina on NC700's. Now I have a pair of Continental TKC80's mounted on a second set of wheels, Krator Kawasaki pegs, tusk 1" bar risers, Hepco & Becker Engine Guards & Skid Plate. I am looking forward to some alternative routes! I have taken her on fire roads & gravel but with the street tires it wasn't much fun. Thanks to all who have shared their changes, it is appreciated!!!

Gary
Gary, I'm planning to take my 2012 NC700X on the California Adventure Trail and am looking at Continental TKC80s, which don't come in the exact size for the NC (160/60R-17). I see elsewhere in the forum that riders have found that the 150/70B-17 TKC80 works fine on the rear... is that what you use, and do you recommend it for 50/50 road/dirt? Thanks.

Back