• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adjustable handlebars (not risers)

kaz

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel that the handlebars are too far forward.

Saw that folks here use risers, and encountered these while sifting through ebay -
Motorcycle Adjustable Steering Handle Bar System For 125cc 22mm(7/8") Handlebar | eBay

The ebay risers (aka "2 pieces of aluminium") run between 15$-35$. These don't seem expensive in comparison, and adjust in all sorts of directions.

Cons -
- Narrow
- Can't use a crossbar
- What else do you see going wrong here?

s-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600.jpg

Cons....maybe new cables to reach these bars, and hours of work to switch handlebars vs a few minutes to add the risers. Just my guess from looking at the pics. I will be interested to see how it goes if you get them.

Possible Con:
One thing you wouldn’t know until you try the adjustable bars, is how they vibrate or resonate. I tried a set of Helibars a long time ago on an ST1100. By their shape, they were supposed to increase comfort, but they vibrated badly enough that I had to return them.

I don't know what they cost on eBay but I saw those on Amazon (currently $30) they look good but were twice the price then and I wasn't going to spend the money on a maybe, if you end up buying them let us know how they turned out

Possible Con:
One thing you wouldn’t know until you try the adjustable bars, is how they vibrate or resonate. I tried a set of Helibars a long time ago on an ST1100. By their shape, they were supposed to increase comfort, but they vibrated badly enough that I had to return them.

What affects the vibration? I mean, it's always a piece of metal, right? Do some of them come with some internal dampening mechanisms?

As far as width - I saw here that the stock handlebars are 33" or 84cm wide. These are 68cm / 27".
16cm / 6" difference. Easier to filter tight traffic, but how worse is the handling?

You’d have to remove and remount all the switches and clusters from the OEM bars to these.

That said, I am amazed that motorcycles are sold virtually “unadjustable” to the rider. Imagine selling a car with fixed seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What affects the vibration? I mean, it's always a piece of metal, right? Do some of them come with some internal dampening mechanisms?

The stock bars come with internal weights, and there are also the external weights mounted outside the grips to reduce vibrations. I don’t know if the weights are tuned for each motorcycle model’s vibration frequencies, or if the Honda weighted bars are generic in design.

I’m no mechanical engineer, but I’d guess the tendency for those aftermarket bars to vibrate would be based on their flex points, the stiffness of the clamp junctions, the length and mass of the tubes, etc. I just pointed it out as an unknown until you try them.

Last edited:
On Amazon there is are least of review saying that his broke, that's a safety concern, it could have been abused and but necessarily that products fault but having never seen them in person, who knows.

For $30 it's worth checking out but I'd be carefully inspecting every inch of them

I had the same hesitation ordering $9 aluminium foot pegs from Amazon, I was worried that I would stand up on them and one would just bust off and I would wreck, luckily that was but the case and they turned out to be just as good as OEM

I'm not trying to influence your decision one way or the other, just sharing the information I found

If I had more disposable income I'd order a set just to check them out
dc500ee497b54b5dc24712f5827310f3.jpg

- What else do you see going wrong here?
I had a hard enough time getting my Rox Risers to stop moving....I think these would be a nightmare...
About two dozen failure points...I don't even want to think about all those bolts ....Yikes!

Try just slackening of the handle bar bridge and rotate the bars towards you a little..
My recent post here: Rotating the handlebars
Tighten the top bolts first, then the bottom... 22 NM IIRC...
Check the bars do not hit the tank or trap ya thumb or hit the screen, when on full lock either side...
Job Done!

Try just slackening of the handle bar bridge and rotate the bars towards you a little..
Check the bars do not hit the tank or trap ya thumb or hit the screen, when on full lock either side...
Job Done!
Anyone thinking of buying any riser should at least try this first, it's free

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Job Done!

Thanks, this will probably come handy even with brackets. Just got the 2cm + slight tilt type.

Is the 22 Nm spec still relevant when you use the bracket bolts / threads?

Back