• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adding more to Admore

WPZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed an Admore trunk lighting kit in the NC's Honda OEM trunk. It's not clear from Admore's information that this is actually intended for this particular Givi, but it hardly matters. In terms of fitting, it's fine.
The installation wasn't difficult. However, there were a couple of other things.
For one, the unit didn't work as delivered. I wound up trading a few e-mails as they tried to diagnose the problem, and then they called. I was walked through several tests, some of which I'd already done. My electrical skills are moderate to good; I've worked as an electrician from time to time and know how to work a multimeter pretty well.
The message was I messed up something, but in the end, the unit was established to be defective and I had to send it back across the border (Admore is Canadian) at my expense. After a while longer, I called to find out they'd tested and repaired it and we sending it back. It did indeed arrive about two weeks after the initial discovery.
In general, adding lights to the back of a motorcycle is pretty much an important necessity to me. I recall way back in 1970 adding aftermarket truck taillights to the rear end of my beloved BSA Royal Star twin.
I've already added the Electrical Connection turn signal conversion kit, which I cannot recommend enough: it converts those little signals to full-function, including amber running lights and red brake and turn signal lights. I installed one of these on my Kawasaki ZX when I got it back in '02 and it's still in there, doing an excellent job fifteen years later.
So the Admore trunk light works properly: red running plus brake and turn signal lights. The thing is, it's just one strip of LEDs, and the amount of light dispensed is really not overwhelming.
Now, my personal opinion of most LED lighting is that it is excellent in all ways except that it does not produce much surface area. Little dots only sort of add up to a wide, visible light that will notify traffic properly. I refer, for example, to the outstanding rear lighting of a typical Gold Wing GL18 such as my '01: pretty much the best in the business in terms of establishing presence.
So I scrounged some Ebay "waterproof" red LED strips for ten bucks along with some connectors for another seven. I added two rows to each side of the trunk, splicing the connector's wires directly to the Admore harness I'd already installed inside the rear wall of the trunk.
Adding these extras lights gives the bike a better presence in low light and especially in the dark and fills in better than just the lonely one strip of the Admore itself.
The Admore controller is key, as it runs the lights properly at the two different intensities needed, but grafting more lights in is just better.
While a (low-quality) photograph isn't really the whole picture (pardon the fractured metaphors), here's what we have now, with the left turn signal lit up- note the original turn signal is also bright, with the EC ring LED doing the job on the right signal as a running light.

trunk lights.jpg

Back