• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adding a 12V buss off battery for accessories

Willie

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in the process of adding a 12V buss to my NC for all the accessories, as the stack of terminals on the battery is getting out of control. I purchased this on ebay

8 Way Terminal Block Bus Bar, 1 Input to 8 Out, 12V DC / 24V AC Input and Output | eBay

and was wondering where to put it, seems like above battery is logical location, but the Frunk Battery cover uses this area for tool pouch. Where are you folks locating your accessory busses? Pictures would be nice if you have them.

Thanks for reading.."Willie

I put the fuse block to the left side of the frunk in faux wall of the gas tank next to the frunk and the ground bus on the right in the faux wall
57a5daefd51fdbb74fbead994030bc5d.jpg

This is a picture of the right side with the ground bus, I can't seem to find a picture of the fuse block on the opposite side, but I'm sure you get the idea

I wanted to add a link to the fuse block and ground bus so you'd have a better idea of what I was able to easily fit there

10-Way Blade Fuse Box [LED Indicator for Blown Fuse] [Protection Cover] [100 Amps] - Fuse Block for Automotive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QMULSUI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RaYTDbHRDRH4G

ONLINE LED STORE 12-Way Modular Ground Terminal Block [Expand with Up to 12 Fuses] [Protective Cover] [Copper Bus Bar] Distribution Block for Jeep Truck Boat Automotive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PL9T6Q2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_fbYTDb2W7QAXB

it, seems like above battery is logical location, but the Frunk Battery cover uses this area for tool pouch. Where are you folks locating your accessory busses? Pictures would be nice if you have them.

I put my fuse block (not a buss) behind the battery cover in the frunk and just above the battery. Attached with velcro.
It is a small block and plenty of room to screw the battery cover back in place.

Sorry, no pics..

Last edited:
Options for location would depend on the model year of your bike, due to bodywork changes that happened for 2016+.

I use a Fuzeblocks FZ-1, mounted under the left “fake duct” (fuct?) present on 2012-2015 models. The Fuzeblock allows powering and fusing 6 circuits, with a very simple method of assigned the circuits as either switched by the ignition key or as 24/7 power.

Welcome to Fuzeblocks - Out Stuff blows so yours doesn't

Last edited:
Greg, Thanks for your input, and yes, I am riding a 2016 with Fiamm Freeway blasters mounted in that area, getting pretty crowded.�� Willie.......

Last edited:
Thanks Rippin209, great ideas, but unfortunately I am running out of space, I have Sound Blasters mounted on either side of the Frunk in front, so getting very tight for bigger fuse blocks.

Willie.......

Thanks Ld rider, I guess I will try to wrestle my purchase in the same location you chose, my only concern is, will the battery cover go back on without interference? Guess I will give it a go.
Willie.......

thanks for the info. This is what i need to do. Just too many electrical connections directly on the battery.
Thinking about the electrical block.

Back