• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Acerbis Vision LED Handguards

Snapper

Reaction score
Visit site
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Had my bike for just over a month and have the first thousand miles on it. I use my NC for a motorway commute and need to be seen and so the white on the screen and blue and white checks have drivers thinking is it a Cop? which may keep me a bit safer. The lights in the hand guards are very bright and eye catching. Bar ends need machining out to take the expanding bolt and a sleeve needs to be made to go in to the end of the bar for the bolt to grip. Bar internal weights are removed but the total weight of the hand guards, bolts etc are only 300 grams per side greater than the Honda bar ends and weights. No vibration and great protection with the added bonus of good visibility. the lights give a good spread at night and plug into the Honda accessory harness which came with the Honda heated grips.
Great bike for commuting and doing 78 mpg(imperial) at a steady 70. R&G hugger is a good fit but Pyramid fender extender was a very poor fit. Hope you like the mods.
Cheers
Snapper

Hi Snapper,

Your white 750X looks great! I too got a white one in the last November. Weather didn't allowed me to enjoy it too much. Haven't installed any of the mods yet, but I did bought Oxford HotGrips (touring version) and Acerbis Vision handguards for now. I also ordered windshield, crash bars, smart bar and top box from Givi. That Givi order will arrive somewhere in March from the factory.

I bought Acerbis Vision handguards as I was too aiming for high visibility. Really liked the reviews I previously saw. I also do really like how it looks on your bike. What I didn't know is that this wouldn't be a simple install. I can't install them myself as I don't have the required mechanics knowledge (or tools). And since the bike is under warranty, I can't really make and mods myself. So, I have to get the handguards to one of the Honda services and try to get them install them for me.

I read your description and I wanted to bug you just for a bit of clarifications. I suppose I'll need all the details I can get in order to have a good guidance for the mechanic. When you said that bar ends need machining out, what did it mean? Should the bar end be drilled since its original diameter doesn't allow for installation of the expanding bolt? What about the sleeve that you made - what can be used to make it? Are there maybe any alternative ways of fitting that you are aware of? Is removal of the original weights common when installing handguards? I think I saw some images with people having both the handguard and the weight. Not sure how that affects usability of the bike. As you see, I'm quite unfamiliar with the subject.

Hi.
The view from the front looks amazing, you've done a nice job. Any thing you do to make yourself seen more has got to be a good thing.
I have been trying to decide which way to go regarding hand guards, whether to do as you have or with indicators. I like the idea of having the lights on with the dipped beam but i do wonder how long the bulbs would last.
Also, in respect of the wiring, is it fairly straight forward or as 'milan' said seeing as my bike is still under warranty would it be a Honda Dealer job?

Hi milan and Solent biker, I have had these fitted for just over 8000 miles with no problems. You need the external bar end weights machined out and countersunk to take the expanding bolts that come with the kit and I turned up a brass bush to slip over the expanding bush and the outside diameter just to push inside the bar and with a cut down it so when the bolt is tightened, it all holds the guard firm and stops it rotating. To change it all back to standard you will have to buy the black external weights which should not cost a lot. There are no clearance problems with the guards and screen or body of the bike. I wired them to the the accessory loom that was fited with the heated grips and the lights come on with the ignition but they could be wired from the side light bulb. The wide positioning of the lights make the bike stand out in traffic and are not a problem for others at night as they face slightly downwards. Any machine shop will do the job no problem if you give them the expanding bolt and the old internal bar weight so they can measure for the external diameter of the bush. Hope this helps. The guards do a great job of keeping my gloves dry as well.

Hey Snapper, i've now got a pair of these hand guards and i'm going to get a pro to do the wiring for me. I was going to try to do the 'easy' bit of actually fitting them to the bike but i've stalled at the first hurdle. How the f*** do you get the inserts out of the bar after the bar ends are off? Mine are stuck fast and won't budge. Thanks

Attach the end bar screw nut thru a hole in something you can hammer on. Make sure they are still lose not screwed in tight. Then hammer the inserts out of the handle bar.

Hi do the gaurds hit the screen at all at full turning lock?
They look great.
I posted an easy way to remove the bar weights, https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/n...l-without-removing-hand-grips-post194931.html
No need for machining anything. Install the guards directly into the handlebars. It takes a lot of turns with the hex wrench to get the internal sleeves deformed enough but they do work. Make sure the bar is not tight against the throttle grip which could limit travel.
I had no clearance issue even with 2" risers installed. It will depend on your set up. I have the California Scientific screen.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I posted an easy way to remove the bar weights, https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/n...l-without-removing-hand-grips-post194931.html
No need for machining anything. Install the guards directly into the handlebars. It takes a lot of turns with the hex wrench to get the internal sleeves deformed enough but they do work. Make sure the bar is not tight against the throttle grip which could limit travel.
I had no clearance issue even with 2" risers installed. It will depend on your set up. I have the California Scientific screen.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Hi, the removal link no longer works, can you post it again please

Back