• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A good reason to always wear the correct gear

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
Having just spent 3 1/2 weeks in hospital awaiting an operation to fix multiple fractures to my right foot following being t-boned by a car driver I can only stress the importance of wearing the correct gear at all times. I was only riding home from work but had proper bike boots on. The surgeon told me that has I not been wearing stout boots it almost certainly been a crush injury with the possibility o me loosing the foot.
Anyway may I wish you all and your loved ones a great Christmas and a happy and safe 2014

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but glad you are here to tell us about it. Heal fast!

I was wondering what happened to your post lately. Get well, and riding soon. Which one of your bikes were you on? My Gaerne Midland's are almost as comfortable as my tennis shoes, so I don't ride without them. Merry Christmas! And a many happy miles Riding New Year!

Oh, my.... BEST WISHES to you!!!
Heal fast and completely!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Well... As HAPPY as you can make them ;)

What a bummer Rocker! The older we get, the longer it takes to heal up. Hopefully you're bouncing around before the warm temps arrive.

Hopefully you will be able to find another NT since it does your commuting duties so well. I will be surprised if you can stay with one bike for long though.

I have been hit on the interstate. I was wearing a Nolan helmet, a leather jacket, and regular blue-collar uniform pants. The helmet worked great and sacrificed itself for my greater good. The jacket stayed intact, but just the hi-frequency impacts of sliding over corrugated concrete at 55 mph still bruised my elbows pretty bad. The worst part of it was my butt and lower back. The poly blend pants did nothing and I got some pretty bad road rash (and subsequently discovered that I'm allergic to Triple-Antibiotic). I've been ATGATT ever since. On my 3.5 mile commute, it takes longer to get suited up than to do the ride, but at least it keeps me out of my truck (and hopefully a hospital).

I have to agree with Lou, "it takes longer to get suited up than to do the ride". Then there is always something in the wrong pocket, so, a second suit up quite often required.
But, it will save your butt of something goes wrong!

I also agree with Rocker66, good full sized riding boots will save you feet and shinbone.

I have the experience (scars) to prove they are right!

biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Back