• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A dream come true -- I bought an NC700X!

AP1

Reaction score
Visit site
I became the very proud owner of a 2012 NC700X DCT on September 10 this year! It's truly a dream come true.

First I want to share my journey, then I'll show some photos.

I joined the NC700 forum almost two years ago, in October 2012. The NC caught my attention when it was first announced and I spent countless hours on the internet looking at photos, videos, reviews, articles and this forum. I had the good fortune of being able to test ride an NC DCT at a local dealer and still vividly remember the experience. I joined the forum to ask questions and learn more about how owners liked the NC. I was active for a while and then sort of let it go. I didn't really have the funds to buy an NC, time passed, and I let the dream fade away.

Fast forward to early September this year. I started looking, just for fun, to see how many DCT's were for sale (in the US). I was surprised by how few there were. One day, to my astonishment, I saw one for sale in Washington state (where I live) and it looked really good. After a number of heart-to-heart conversations with my wife, we came to the conclusion that we just couldn't justify it -- too many other important needs (house projects and such). That was tough emotionally, but it made sense.

Then, a few days before our anniversary, my wife sent me a text that said "If it's still available, you can buy the bike. Happy Anniversary. This is not a joke." My heart stopped. I was stunned, thrilled and not sure how to react. I took a couple days to get my head wrapped about what was happening -- I was about to fulfill a huge dream. I contacted the seller, made an offer, he accepted and my wife and I drove -- the day before our anniversary -- about 300 miles to see the bike. It was great and we made the deal!

As the sun was setting, my wife drove (and I rode) about 70 miles to stay overnight at her mother's. After a hearty breakfast and a nice visit, we left for home, by way of Chinook Pass near Mt. Rainier. The bike was amazing and I learned a lot. More about that some other time.

I am eternally grateful to my wife, bless her heart. She's made a number of dreams come true for us over the years, from wonderful road trips to special events and much more. She's a very special woman and I'm a very lucky guy.

Now for the photos...

IMG_7455.jpg

P1050731.jpg

P1050758.jpg

P1050774.jpg

P1050787.jpg

P1050804.jpg

Now I'm a member of the forum AND part of the owners' circle. I'm super proud to be an NC owner!

Your story makes me want to thank my wife. I guess I kind of take it for granted that she doesn't complain about my motorcycle fetish. I owned a bike when I met her and have rotated through a few since being married to her. She has never said a thing besides "if it makes you happy go get it". Who knows what she really thinks. I've never asked. Your story has made me think I should tell her I appreciate her support.

Congrats on the new bike. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. You look like a very proud owner in the photo above. Welcome to the forum.

BTW, I'm originally from Everett, Wash. One of my best friends was from Renton. Busy area. Be Safe.

You have a wonderful wife! So, uh, what did you get her for the anniversary?

Your story makes me want to thank my wife. I guess I kind of take it for granted that she doesn't complain about my motorcycle fetish. I owned a bike when I met her and have rotated through a few since being married to her. She has never said a thing besides "if it makes you happy go get it". Who knows what she really thinks. I've never asked. Your story has made me think I should tell her I appreciate her support.

Congrats on the new bike. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. You look like a very proud owner in the photo above. Welcome to the forum.

BTW, I'm originally from Everett, Wash. One of my best friends was from Renton. Busy area. Be Safe.

These stories about spouses approving of or dis-approving of motorcycles/brewing equipment/garage tools/camping gear/ham radio stuff/etc. always make me to thank my wife for being so awesome about these types of things...

It usually makes her paranoid that something happened and I'm going to be asking for more motorcycles/brewing equipment/garage tools/camping gear/ham radio stuff/etc.
I've moved to just giving her a big hug and making dinner for her, that way the paranoia doesn't set in and I can still let her know I appreciate her.

That is a great story and your wife is a wonderful person! Wishing you many fun miles on the new bike, and many wonderful years of married bliss!

Congratulations! You are a lucky man, in more than one sense. Like others here, my wife is supportive of my addiction. that being said, it did take some time for her to get her arms around the "need" for multiple bikes. I gently employed the "pairs of shoes" in the closet analogy:cool:

Last edited:
I became the very proud owner of a 2012 NC700X DCT on September 10 this year! It's truly a dream come true.

I am eternally grateful to my wife, bless her heart. She's made a number of dreams come true for us over the years, from wonderful road trips to special events and much more. She's a very special woman and I'm a very lucky guy.

Now I'm a member of the forum AND part of the owners' circle. I'm super proud to be an NC owner!

CONGRATS on the bike. A really great and inspiring story for all those whom dream of getting a NC700X. Greetings for SoCal...

Say "Hello" to NaNCy...

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 114
What remarkable patience you exhibit. As the saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait." Enjoy your new NC.

Back