• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A bit confused about the empty gas tank

I've never filled a bike without looking into the tank, to watch the level rise at the end of the fill up.

You can start filling normally, with the nozzle shoved all the way in, but watch the meter on the pump. At a normal fill up, which I try to do as soon as the reserve starts, the pump will "usually" shut off after about 2.1 or 2.2 gallons.

When traveling or using an unfamiliar gas station, don't take it for granted that it will even shut off by itself.
So I wait for it to shut off when it should, and either way I then pull back on the nozzle until I can physically see the gas going in and the level come up to the base of the metal thing in the neck.
During that time I am barely squeezing on the trigger, getting just a slow stream of gas in there and hopefully not splashing any on my seat as it kicks on and off.
I always write down the miles per tank on the receipt and keep track of that, to let me see if the bike's mpg display is accurate (it is) and to let me know what kind of range to expect if I ride slower or much faster on a future tank of gas.

Off topic question. Whatever happened to Greenboy.......I've noticed on here and Advrider his posts are deleted ( his name anyway). TIA

Off topic question. Whatever happened to Greenboy.......I've noticed on here and Advrider his posts are deleted ( his name anyway). TIA
Greenboy voluntarily left the forum (for the second time).

He had a melty because he felt that he put more into posting here than he got out. A bummer to be sure, I think everybody enjoyed his posts

Back