• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

700 vs.750

I have 1200 miles on my NC750XD DCT now and I'm averaging 68mpg (UK). Half my commute is motorway and half through London traffic. If I ease up on the motorway (max 70mph) my average goes up to around 72mpg. I didn't have the 700 before so can't compare the 2 bikes, but so far I cannot fault the 750 - it does exactlt what I need to do in the way I was hoping it would. Top bike!

Cheers,

Mike.

it would cost me an extra 2 grand to change my bike to the new one.
I was and still happy with my current bike so no need to change.
plus if I wasn't happy I certainly would not buy another NC regardless of any up grades...SIMPLES.

I don't have the option since I live in the US but I look at it this way. Keep in mind I'm not saying I would or would not. I buy jeep wranglers. I've owned a jeep since the 90's. This means I have upgraded multiple times. In recent years I went from a 2005 to a 2007 to a 2012. I don't really see this as being any different. It's a choice a person makes based off several factors. Money being an obvious one. By the time they get to the US I will have had mine a couple years. If they even get to us. I'll decide then.

I'm still undecided. I think if and when they do hit the US, I will ask the dealer for a test drive and go from there.

I couldn't afford to change even if I wanted to. Buying my NC wiped out my motorcycle "slush fund" savings, and I will not go in debt to purchase a motorcycle. And like others have posted, I don't see where a few more cc's and different gearing will make any significant change to the riding experience I'm having on my current NC. I'm content with what I own right now, even if my Harley buddies kid me from time to time.

I have to many upgrades on mine already to trade, still like to do some thing with the seat even though I use a Airhawk R seat on it, which works great.

I couldn't afford to change even if I wanted to. Buying my NC wiped out my motorcycle "slush fund" savings, and I will not go in debt to purchase a motorcycle. And like others have posted, I don't see where a few more cc's and different gearing will make any significant change to the riding experience I'm having on my current NC. I'm content with what I own right now, even if my Harley buddies kid me from time to time.

Just take them to some twisty roads. Then you can poke the fun.. I ride with a few Harley guys once in a while. One of them crossed the yellow line 50+ times on a little 350 mile ride.
I just tell him were not in England you know!

Seems like the 750 loses C-ABS; only has ABS now. As such, front brake caliper is only 2 pistons.

Hi all, I own a 2012 700XA with a Madstad shield and love it, but now that the 750 is coming I have to admit a certain amount of curiosity about it.. It's supposed to have taller gears and a little more H & T. I wondering what other owners are thinking about this new model and if they think it would be worth the trade.

yep, a whopping 3 more HP and 2.6 ft/lbs of torque (if that). Not worth trading in my trusty steed (nc700), since I had traded in my bmw g650gs in for the nc700x.

Seems like the 750 loses C-ABS; only has ABS now. As such, front brake caliper is only 2 pistons.

Interesting, I wonder why Honda would go this route when the C-ABS is already in production on these bikes. I picked apart a few pictures of the bikes, and they do seem to only have one brake line heading to a two-piston caliper up front.

Interesting, I wonder why Honda would go this route when the C-ABS is already in production on these bikes. I picked apart a few pictures of the bikes, and they do seem to only have one brake line heading to a two-piston caliper up front.

Cost control...

probably why no abs is fitted as standard is that the USA riders are more custom riders than bikes we us European like.
and also price you lot are not prepared to coff up more like us unfortunate fools;)

I talked to my honda dealer today about the NC750X, and his sources told him they would not be coming to the US. What he did tell me, is that the 2014 version does get an updated HUD and now comes in black.

I wonder if this updated HUD can be installed on an older model NC. I would do it just for the gear indicator and MPG.

HUD? Please define. If you mean Heads Up Display, I can't picture how that would work on the NC.

Last edited:
Hey guys, new to the forum. Have ordered a 750X last week, which should arrive by next week and I'll stick up a little post when I can. I should've asked the Honda dealer myself, but do you know if 700 accessories will fit the 750? I'm thinking of radiator cover, luggage racks etc - I assume so as it's all the same frame.

I have tested out both bikes and hit the limiter way less on the 750, but to be honest I wouldn't mind owning either and actually went in to buy the 700 but Honda are doing a 3 year 0% deal on the 750 so I was sold. I'm the exact demographic Honda was aiming for in their promotional material for the NC range - 32, male and making the step up from a scooter (PCX). I'm such a stereotype...! Look forward to participating in the forum.

Sorry I meant "Instrument Display". I am on a lot of drugs right now trying to beat this week long flu, and am a bit loopy.

Hey guys, new to the forum. Have ordered a 750X last week, which should arrive by next week and I'll stick up a little post when I can. I should've asked the Honda dealer myself, but do you know if 700 accessories will fit the 750? I'm thinking of radiator cover, luggage racks etc - I assume so as it's all the same frame.

I have tested out both bikes and hit the limiter way less on the 750, but to be honest I wouldn't mind owning either and actually went in to buy the 700 but Honda are doing a 3 year 0% deal on the 750 so I was sold. I'm the exact demographic Honda was aiming for in their promotional material for the NC range - 32, male and making the step up from a scooter (PCX). I'm such a stereotype...! Look forward to participating in the forum.

I look forward to your thoughts! As a current owner of a PCX, did you sell yours? I use mine to commute to work and local stores. Being a small engine it heats up fast. Running to a store less than 5 minutes away, the big nc engine would never reach operating temperatures. I've got 10,000 miles on my 125cc 2011 PCX. Just replaced the OEM tires. Love that scooter!

Back