• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

700 vs.750

I could have sworn I posted this already, but it never popped up.

I'm sure it's already known, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. In the US it appears that the 2014 NC700X inherited a lot of the NC750X upgrades (just not the CC upgrade obviously). It almost makes me think they're going to stick with the NC700X in the US for a long time (otherwise why bother updating the NC700X, instead of just dumping as much inventory as possible to make room for the NC750X in the next year or so.

Here are a few pics I've found that show some of the differences:

Black Motor Cover/New Seat
C4ESeuR.jpg

Adjustable Brake Lever
BFoxHFc.jpg

I had heard the ABS only changed on the NC750X, but I only see one hose on this 2014 NC700X:
9ikc1JX.jpg

It makes me wonder if they went the extra mile and changed the gear ratios and etc. as well? Although I doubt it because if they did that why wouldn't have they just upped the CCs as well?

It does make me a bit torn on what to do for my future purchase though. Go cheap and look for a 2012 NC700X somewhere, buy the improved 2014 NC700X, or hold out another year or two in hopes that the NC750X/S comes state-side? Decisions, decisions...

The Canadian version has abs as standard equipment and we never got the DCT.

Quite so, I have posted the detailed differences between the Canadian versus US models so many times now that I have lost count :p

In the specific reply to the post by davidc, I was really only trying to get across the fact that the Canadian model wasn't a Euro similar model as far as the lesser horsepower, and we didn't get them earlier than the US. I figured I didn't need to regurgitate eeeeeeverything else all over again, in that reply lol ;)

Good looking bike.

Remember US guys, the non-USA nc700 had less power (HP) than our US nc700 to begin. I believe (may be wrong) but the Non-US bikes had 48 HP (at the crank) while our US bikes have 51 HP at the crank. The new NC750 has 54 HP at the crank, 3 HP more than our NC700; the non-US 750 has an increase of 11% HP to their NC700, while it will only be a 5 % increase over the US NC700 bikes. The NC750 may be able to get more of the HP to the wheel than our NC700 due to slight changes in the gearing (not sure though). I thought the only changes made to the seat was the covering (again, may be wrong on that)- I do like the looks of the new seat. There is also supposed to be slightly less vibration (for those sensitive to the vibes).

You may think there's just 3 bhp different but I can assure you it feels more. The 750 definitely has better acceleration. I had the early 700X DCT in England which was also rated at 51bhp. ( later models had a reduction in power). Don't just look at a 3bhp gap because I can assure you it feels more. My 750S DCT feels so much quicker and more flexible than my 700.

Last edited:
Wozza, have you timed yourself from 0-60mph (or 0-100kph if you are metric) as fast as possible?
LBS, thanks for the clarification on the Canadian thing, I must have been confused cause I now think Canada got the 2012 earlier in the year than most places in the US, but it was the same model year. I thought Canada got the European version due to didn't you guys get the S version also, and able to get ABS without the DCT? We didn't get the S version or the ABS without the DCT.

No David, I'm sorry I haven't. I wouldn't like to say how much quicker in acceleration the 750 actually is, but it sure feels more gutsy. The bike (for me) makes up that extra bit of performance that my old 700 lacked and I know the 750 will keep me happier for a longer period of time.
My comments are for the DCT versions only, as I can't comment on the 750 manual as I haven't ridden one.

Last edited:
Actually, I think it would make good manufacturing sense to keep the same mechanics as globally generic as possible. Probably pretty easy to just drop in the 750cc engine once they decide to offer it even with any EPA modifications. In the U.S. were pretty CC hungry and the lack of power one of the most common complaints. I'm in the same boat as you trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on a 2014. Need to go from 2 bikes to one. Have a BMW R1200RT and a Honda Big Ruckus scooter this might be the best of both worlds. ... or I may just try to keep both of what I already have!!

I could have sworn I posted this already, but it never popped up.

I'm sure it's already known, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. In the US it appears that the 2014 NC700X inherited a lot of the NC750X upgrades (just not the CC upgrade obviously). It almost makes me think they're going to stick with the NC700X in the US for a long time (otherwise why bother updating the NC700X, instead of just dumping as much inventory as possible to make room for the NC750X in the next year or so.

Here are a few pics I've found that show some of the differences:

Black Motor Cover/New Seat
C4ESeuR.jpg

Adjustable Brake Lever
BFoxHFc.jpg

I had heard the ABS only changed on the NC750X, but I only see one hose on this 2014 NC700X:
9ikc1JX.jpg

It makes me wonder if they went the extra mile and changed the gear ratios and etc. as well? Although I doubt it because if they did that why wouldn't have they just upped the CCs as well?

It does make me a bit torn on what to do for my future purchase though. Go cheap and look for a 2012 NC700X somewhere, buy the improved 2014 NC700X, or hold out another year or two in hopes that the NC750X/S comes state-side? Decisions, decisions...

Wozza, have you timed yourself from 0-60mph (or 0-100kph if you are metric) as fast as possible?
LBS, thanks for the clarification on the Canadian thing, I must have been confused cause I now think Canada got the 2012 earlier in the year than most places in the US, but it was the same model year. I thought Canada got the European version due to didn't you guys get the S version also, and able to get ABS without the DCT? We didn't get the S version or the ABS without the DCT.

No worries! It's all rather head spinning as far as I'm concerned trying to fathom why they (Honda USA, Canada, Zambia, and so on (is there a Honda Zambia I wonder? lol) pick and choose bizarre details to exclude or include.

The Euro NC's also get a marker lamp in the headlight, but no turn signal running lights. Canada gets the running lights same as US.

US gets the emissions control stuff, but we do not, etc., etc.

My other bike, a CBR gets the Euro headlight marker lamp, no running lights, and the right hand side low beam headlight always on same as the UK, but obviously we drive on the right side of the road, same as the US.

My F800 got the identical smaller USA only fuel tank, but same as the Euro models, no vapour recovery cannister in the spot where the US had them mounted, which was the whole reason for making the special smaller tank.

We got the SA and XA models, which are manual transmission, ABS and Linked brakes. We do not get the plain Manual without ABS/Linked, or any DCT version of any kind at all.

It's a strange thing. :confused: ;)

Last edited:
I wonder why Honda abandoned Combined ABS on the NC700/NC750 bikes. Was there an issue with them? Did they take them off due to popular demand (if so why not keep it as an option)? Or perhaps they took them off as a cost cutting measure?

Back