• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

600 mile checkup/maintenance

aceiv

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

My 2019 NC750X DCT is up for its 600 mile check (early actually)...and yes I need to ride more (back issues). The dealer said changing the transmission oil is part of the check, but that item isn't listed in the manual. I think I know the answer, but is this a good idea or am I helping someones college fund?

Thanks!

Alex

Last edited:
I have always had a new bike oil change around 600-1,000 miles. A new engine can have some metal shavings as it breaks in, so getting that oil out is a good idea. Thats my opinion. Others with more knowledge than I, may differ.

My 2020 calls for the engine oil to be changed (which is also the transmission oil), the engine oil filter, and the transmission filter at the 600-mile marker. To my knowledge, the only difference between the 2019 and the 2020 is the color so yours should be the same.

After that, it calls for the oil to be changed every 4,000 miles and the filters to only be changed every 16,000 or some weird crap like that. I don't remember the exact interval but it is more than every other oil change. I plan on just changing the filters at the same time as the oil on mine just like I do for my other vehicles.

My 2020 calls for the engine oil to be changed (which is also the transmission oil), the engine oil filter, and the transmission filter at the 600-mile marker. To my knowledge, the only difference between the 2019 and the 2020 is the color so yours should be the same.

After that, it calls for the oil to be changed every 4,000 miles and the filters to only be changed every 16,000 or some weird crap like that. I don't remember the exact interval but it is more than every other oil change. I plan on just changing the filters at the same time as the oil on mine just like I do for my other vehicles.

I’m pretty sure your manual would say oil changes are at 8000 mile intervals, as they have been since 2012.

Hi,

My 2019 NC750X DCT is up for its 600 mile check (early actually)...and yes I need to ride more (back issues). The dealer said changing the transmission oil is part of the check, but that item isn't listed in the manual. I think I know the answer, but is this a good idea or am I helping someones college fund?

Thanks!

Alex
I have back issues myself, and have only put on just over 800 miles since I got my new 750X in 2019!

As for the oil change, this is standard. Was on my manual at least, Besides, the first service was free anyway.

Back