• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

500 miles later...(my new NCX)

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Hi dear friendlies,
(I do not work for Honda nor represent them in any way. The opinions expressed here are my own)

I have bought the NCX on 4.4.2012.
Now it is 1 month and 500miles (around 800+km) later ...

I am still running in the bike, so I am keeping it under 4000rpm. ( First service is 1000km.)
This translates to a top speed of maybe 90kmh. Although some videos show it can go 189kmh.
Fuel economy has been around 3.2 to 3.4L/100km.

I have a 35L Honda Topcase and Honda original rack installed just last week.
And if I did not "hear" small rattling noise when I go over undulating roads, I would never had remembered it was there.
In other words, it does not affect the handling much. The rack is very handsome, but expensive.

I tend to go fast and bend down low on mountain and country roads. With the hilly twisties here, I have 1cm left on the "fear line" on the tires. This means also the bike is able, or wants to be ridden hard and she is highly flickable. The supplied bridgestones are dependable and they also stick well in rain conditions. The only worry for me, was that the inverse camber on many roads here, tend to lead me to save the footpegs. There is also a slight hesitation going uphill (say 10 degrees) but then it could be because I did not reach the max torque curve at 4500~5000rpm?
On level ground, this torquey bike just goes fast!

The brakes do their job very well, and I do not even notice the linked brakes much, because I do use both brakes by nature (60% front and 40% rear). I have yet to activate (or need to) the ABS.

I do experience bum slide to the front. It could well be my "business pants" but I also tried using my Dainese summer pants, and they also slid forward. On a longer run, I experience crotch burn, but then it could be because I am only 5'6.
(168cm?)

The riding position is one of the best. But I could be biased because I drove Enduro bikes for most part of my biking experience. The rider can see everything.

The mirrors are stable and they do let me see "enough". They do not blurr. They are also a nice shape.

The exhaust and sound are not the best part of the deal. It is kind of a low rumble. The stainless steel can is good looking and I will not replace that without a good reason. It tucks in well under the pillion footpegs, and I am happy for this design. Many older bikes have the exhaust way too near the pillion's thigh, and it slowly cooks her flesh there. No go.

The (original) windshield is quite ok. I almost regretted ordering the Honda touring windshield. Oh wait a minute, I got it "free" also with the bike. Oops I forgot. The lower setting functions well, and I do not experience too much windblast on my chest. Although I believe the tour shield will be needed for taller riders. I am still waiting for it though.

I have no mainstand yet (on order), but Christian's pictures show all the details. Thanks Chris!
The sidestand is "OK", and I did not experience any problem at all. (hint to new riders, do not sit on bike while on the side-stand, it can break or bike can topple over)

That's my grandmother's longwinded version of my first 500 miles.
:eek:

Hope you like it.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi swissnc700, thanks for the write=up, could not say it better! Must agree with about everything you mentioned, it's the accessories that holds me back, still nothing here. FRUSTRATING, to say the least. Well, now you only have 500km to do to catch up to me! Enjoy!

Hi swissnc700, thanks for the write=up, could not say it better! Must agree with about everything you mentioned, it's the accessories that holds me back, still nothing here. FRUSTRATING, to say the least. Well, now you only have 500km to do to catch up to me! Enjoy!

Hi tanserf
Call me Joe.

Yes, the NCX is indeed a nice little bike. I have 200km til the first service.
The everchanging weather here is not helping one bit. Only last week it was sunny 26C, and today it is raining cats and dogs 13C.
I seldom ride in the rain, so I cannot comment on the real performance of the NCX.

I do see the "range" of riders/owners of the NCX in another forum.
The male owners tend to be above 40 or below 25. Because the 25-40 are still going for a different genre of motorcycles, I guess.
I cannot speak for the female owners, but I guess the lightweight of the NCX (and looks) helps them decide on it.

For me, the monsterous torque, is the killer criteria.

Ride safe!
:D

Thanks for the write-up!

Hey, thanks for the write-up!
Can't wait to get my hands on this in the States! Can't understand why it takes so long for us to get them. I am hearing now not until July!

Hi tanserf
Call me Joe.

Yes, the NCX is indeed a nice little bike. I have 200km til the first service.
The everchanging weather here is not helping one bit. Only last week it was sunny 26C, and today it is raining cats and dogs 13C.
I seldom ride in the rain, so I cannot comment on the real performance of the NCX.

I do see the "range" of riders/owners of the NCX in another forum.
The male owners tend to be above 40 or below 25. Because the 25-40 are still going for a different genre of motorcycles, I guess.
I cannot speak for the female owners, but I guess the lightweight of the NCX (and looks) helps them decide on it.

For me, the monsterous torque, is the killer criteria.

Ride safe!
:D

Hey, thanks for the write-up!
Can't wait to get my hands on this in the States! Can't understand why it takes so long for us to get them. I am hearing now not until July!

Hello there,
check out my videos.
I am 80% maxing out the capabilities of this little wonder. Any more, I will be called Stoner or Rossi.
It is a fun bike. Priced to bring a smile to you.

~Joe.

Back