• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

30 oz. fuel bottle holder

Willie

Reaction score
Visit site
Question? Where and how do you cary a extra 30oz. fuel bottle on your nc700x? I am looking for mounting suggestions as well as product suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Regards Willie.......

Question? Where and how do you cary a extra 30oz. fuel bottle on your nc700x? I am looking for mounting suggestions as well as product suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciate. 

Regards Willie.......

I believe folks use an "instruction manual" cannister for that. see [THIS].

Manual Canister, Large, Document Holder 4-1/4" Diameter

cannister.jpg
I carry tools in the one mounted on the underside of my platform that supports the top box.

Search Amazon for or see [HERE]
[h=1]MSR Liquid Fuel Bottle[/h]MSRbottle30.jpg

Last edited:
You can use a TOOL TUBE or MANUAL CANISTER for tractors, these range in price from about $5.50 to over $50, depending upon where you buy them from and how they are marketed. Tractor supply places sell them cheap, specialty places sell the exact same thing for a lot more $$$. A Primus or MSR 30 to 33 ounce fuel bottle will fit inside these things.

LOW PRICE OPTION => Manual Canister, Tool Tube, Document Holder, Manual Tube

Mid PRICE OPTION => The Tool Tube

Astonishingly HIGH PRICED OPTION for the same thing but with a cool motorcycle brand logo => Hepco & Becker Universal Tool Tube

There are a lot of different fabric 'holsters' that you can use. I personally like this one because it will actually hold either the 1 or 1.5 liter bottles.

Enduristan Bottle Holder => Enduristan Bottle Holster - RevZilla

Then there are some other options like the SW MOTECH (and similar) bottle holders seem somewhat overpriced to me.

SW-MOTECH Alu-Box Bottle Canister Kit - RevZilla

I've not made up my mind yet but I'm very likely to use the Enduristan fabric holsters for 1.5L bottles and I'll likely attach them to my hard cases. If not that then I'll use one of the tractor manual tubes and slip a 1 liter bottle inside the tube. The downside to the tractor manual tubes is they take more space and only hold a 1 liter bottle. The upside of the tractor manual tubes is they are black, blend in when mounted on the inside of a pannier frame, and completely hide the bottles. The downside of the Enduristan fabric holster is they visibly expose the end of the bottle.

If you don't have hard cases to hide a bottle behind you can mount it to the angled frame tube that is in front of the rear tire and it will be out of the way for most usages.

Last edited:
Another uber cheap solution would be to use these bottle holders from eBay. They have molle on them so I'm sure you can figure out how to strap it on the bike and use some kind of strap through the cap to make sure they stay put. I can't find it but I'm pretty sure I've seen some other person do it.

Outdoor Tactical Gear Military Molle Water Bottle Bag Hiking Kettle Pouch Holder | eBay

Also, another option is these bottle holders for bicycles from Topeak which I know people have used as well. Think you can pick these up for like $15 to $20.

MODULA™ JAVA CAGE | Topeak

The more I consider it the more likely I will be following this path when we head out on our Canadian trip. Largely because they are cheap, easy, light and the mounting fits into more areas. I also like the idea of taking 1.5 liter bottles instead of 1 liter bottles and its fairly easy to find fabric holders that will hold a 1.5 liter bottle. More than likely I'll remove them after the trip too.

Back