• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

3/4" plywood lifting block/reattaching rear side markers

BassBob

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings fellow New Concept pilots.
Just finished modifying the 3/4" lift block for easier engaging of center stand. The original post (name forgotten..Sorry!!) called out 12"x12" "block ". So, I was wondering what to do if I needed it while on the road. The "block" won't fit the frunk and the helmet. So, what I did was use the helmet as a template. The idea is to slip the "block" vertically into the helmet. I ended cutting the block to appx. 7" wide x 7 1/2" long, with relief (angle) cuts appx. 2 1/2" from the front (top?). You'll need the helmet handy, to ensure it'll fit standing up inside your helmet. That's why dimensions are approximate. It still worked! Just enough room to plant my foot to hold the block in place. I then sanded the sides and top with a 220 grit sanding disk. (It's all I had on hand!) I added a mild chamfer to the edge where the tire rolls onto the block. I painted the edges with some Rustoleum black enamel paint to seal the edges and did a little spot painting on the "c" side to seal up any errant wood chips/splinters. (Also had paint on hand!). Done.
I added a Tidy Tail to my bike. What to do about the rear reflectors? Ignore them? Maybe. But I guess I'd rather have them, just in case. Solution was to use National Hardware 2" x 1/2" plates with drilled holes/screws. They are available at most hardware/big box stores. The pre-drilled holes are just big enough to fit the studs on the back of the factory reflectors (dumb luck indeed!). Bent each plate at 90 degree angle at the middle of each plate. Where to mount them?
I mounted them between the license plate and the license plate bracket. More dumb luck. The license plate bolts also fit the pre-drilled holes. (yay!) and done.
Take care and ride safe
BassBob

Ok, hope these pictures will better explain what I did. Again, the "plate" is appx 7" wide x 7 1/2 " tall. The top will depend on the shape of the inside of your helmet (IMG_ 1548).
So, the angles you'd need to cut will depend on helmet size and how the padding is configured. 3/4" a/c plywood was used. a side is finished, c side not so much. The c side
is painted, along with the edges. The reflector brackets were National Hardware p/n N114-314 (or V118). 2" long, 1/2" wide. Bend them in the middle at 90 degrees.
Final thought. I wouldn't go any smaller than 7" wide on the modified 3/4" "ease of engaging center stand on lowered NC 700 bikes"

Attachments

• IMG_1546[1].jpg
    IMG_1546[1].jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1547[1].jpg
    IMG_1547[1].jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1548[1].jpg
    IMG_1548[1].jpg
    674.1 KB · Views: 60
Back