• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2nd Annual SGT

Love to have there you, Mike. The sites at Fontana Dam will easily handle four of us each, with a maximum allowed of eight campers per site at no extra charge.

The crowd looks like it will be larger than last year's four, but I don't really know just how big. I know some have already reserved, but to keep things straight I think maybe we need a tally of how many sites have been reserved so far for what days. If there is limited response, I'll just go and reserve something Thursday through Sunday and people can pay a share if they stay on the site.

I'm in. Have time off work Thursday through Monday. Have not reserved a site but I don't mind at all doing so if needed.

I'm 90% sure I'll be there (that's about as high as any probability gets for me). Does it start Thursday or Friday? I might get there Thursday.....not sure yet.
Mike

I'm 90% sure I'll be there (that's about as high as any probability gets for me). Does it start Thursday or Friday? I might get there Thursday.....not sure yet.
Mike

More or less it starts when people show up? Last year we all got there on Friday then road together Saturday and half of us split on Sunday. It's really up to however is coming as to when it starts.

I'm gonna try to make it Thursday. I wasn't there last year so I'm not sure where everyone camped. If someone is planning on showing up on Thursday, I'll throw my tent in their spot if that's ok and split the fees with them. If someone already has a site reserved for Friday, I will try to get the same spot for Thursday so I won't have to move my tent, if that is ok.
Mike

We camped at Fontana Dam last year and I beleive that's where we are all camping again this year. (at least the four from last year). I just plan on being down there for fri/sat/sun. I'm not sure about anyone else.

I'm gonna try to make it Thursday. I wasn't there last year so I'm not sure where everyone camped. If someone is planning on showing up on Thursday, I'll throw my tent in their spot if that's ok and split the fees with them. If someone already has a site reserved for Friday, I will try to get the same spot for Thursday so I won't have to move my tent, if that is ok.
Mike

I'm leaving home Thursday morning. 600 mile trip. If the weather and roads are good I will be camping at Fontana Dam Thursday night. I can make a reservation for Thursday, but then I'm thinking the campground would be dead on a weeknight so there's really no point in reserving. And if the weather stinks it might delay my arrival until sometime Friday, in which case reserving would be a waste. So, I guess I'll just show when I can, with the goal being Thursday night.

It might be helpful if we tallied the total number of reservations made so far. If we need another site reserved just to cover everyone for Friday and Saturday night, I'll be happy to make one. Maximum eight per site!

We camped at Fontana Dam last year and I beleive that's where we are all camping again this year. (at least the four from last year). I just plan on being down there for fri/sat/sun. I'm not sure about anyone else.

I meant within the campground. Bammamate mentioned he'd like to be back in the same spots, I wasn't there and I don't know which spots he's referring to.
Mike

I'm leaving home Thursday morning. 600 mile trip. If the weather and roads are good I will be camping at Fontana Dam Thursday night. I can make a reservation for Thursday, but then I'm thinking the campground would be dead on a weeknight so there's really no point in reserving. And if the weather stinks it might delay my arrival until sometime Friday, in which case reserving would be a waste. So, I guess I'll just show when I can, with the goal being Thursday night.

It might be helpful if we tallied the total number of reservations made so far. If we need another site reserved just to cover everyone for Friday and Saturday night, I'll be happy to make one. Maximum eight per site!

The same for me. It's around 700 miles and I really didn't want to run down I-40 all day just to get there Thursday.
Mike

I meant within the campground. Bammamate mentioned he'd like to be back in the same spots, I wasn't there and I don't know which spots he's referring to.
Mike

ahh, The camp ground doesn't really have much to it. When you first come in you follow the road to the right. On the right side of the road is full hookup sites, to the left is tent sights. The road runs 50 yards or so and there is a bathhouse and the road loops around and comes down on the other side of the tent sites. We were in the tent sites furthest from the bathhouse, the majority of people were closer to the bathhouse, so we were kind of to our selves.

I have a tent site reserved at Fontana Dam campground for Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.
My plan is to leave my house early Friday morning, and roll into the campground before dark
(Friday) to set up. All are welcome to set their tent up and use the spot.

Guess its time to pick a site # heh heh. Just had a general reservation for a few months.
I tried to find a map of the campground, but the one I found shows everything but
the rustic camping area.

Looks like we'll have more people attending this year. Good deal!!

Last edited:
So if it is too far for us old guys to get to the bath house in the middle of the night I guess we can just go in the lake. ;)

Wide mouth bottle works wonders, I've also been known to just open my tent door and pee out of it, but not at a crowded camp site... nobody wants to see that.

Back