• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2nd Annual SGT

Well, this was the scene last Thursday night when I came through.

DSCF2049.jpg

What a beautiful spot.

DSCF2038.jpg

Well, with fading daylight, I had to move on, but I had to stop for a photo op.

Well, this was the scene last Thursday night when I came through.

View attachment 17540

What a beautiful spot.

View attachment 17539

Well, with fading daylight, I had to move on, but I had to stop for a photo op.

Thursday night? Wow. I bet I showed up within a half hour of you leaving. I got there just in time to set up my camp and settle in before dark. Sorry I missed you.

I should pick up my repaired NC tomorrow for a ride back to Louisiana. Hope it's done!
It did total. I bought it back from the ins co..
WOW! have any of you priced front end parts? Amazingly high!

itlives, it is awesome you are OK and getting your bike back on the road. Who did the repairs for you? There is a good GMD straightening shop up that way where I got my suspension upgrade. I assume you will need to get an LA salvage title if the insurance company totaled it.

Keep your eyes on the road for that 600+ mile ride home. Let me know the next time you are over this way so we can get together.

Thanks Fuzzy. Kirk's Cycle in Dalton GA fixed it. Tammy Kirk is the owner. She's a great person!
The scariest part of the 660 mile ride was about 1 mile from home when drunk driver almost ran me off the interstate. It was a good first long trip for me.
BTW- I averaged 65.5 mpg for the 2,300 mile ride. I was heading into the wind most of the ride home until the sun went down. I had averaged 69 mpg before the return trip.
I love this bike!
And yeah, I do have to get a salvage title.

670cc - Your bike doesn't look a standard color in the pic. Is it just the light?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update and glad you made it home OK in spite of close encounter with a drunk.

Was wondering today if you made it OK and about to send a PM to check.

It is really great you are OK an have the bike rebuilt. We will get together some time.

Thanks Fuzzy. Kirk's Cycle in Dalton GA fixed it. Tammy Kirk is the owner. She's a great person!
The scariest part of the 660 mile ride was about 1 mile from home when drunk driver almost ran me off the interstate. It was a good first long trip for me.
BTW- I averaged 65.5 mpg for the 2,300 mile ride. I was heading into the wind most of the ride home until the sun went down. I had averaged 69 mpg before the return trip.
I love this bike!
And yeah, I do have to get a salvage title.

670cc - Your bike doesn't look a standard color in the pic. Is it just the light?

itlives, sorry we missed a chance to meet. Next time for sure. I'm glad you're enjoying your bike!

No, my NC700X is not a standard color. It started life grey, then I painted it Sunburst Orange Pearl, a color that has been used on some Honda bikes in the past (and also the Honda Fit :eek:).

100_7136.jpg

All kidding aside with the first picture, here is the official, happy faces, 2nd annual SGT photo:

100_7181.jpg

Let me know the next time you are over this way so we can get together.
Will do! One of my daughters and my only grandchild (daughter) live in Newnan Ga so I plan on at least one trip a year now that I can afford (gas) to go.
Seems like the Fontana Dam get together is a great time to make one trip. Probably do the second one as soon as the summer heat goes away.

670cc- I like the look!
Looks like I'ma have to shave my head if I want to fit in.....that's a long way from my middle of the back pony tail I had just few ago!
I got tired of long hair after 30+ years and came home with REAL short hair one day w/o telling my wife I was going to cut it.
WRONG MOVE! ;)

BTW- what kind of windscreen do you have?

Thanks. My search for another screen is coming down to Madstad or the V-stream like OCR has.
I have a Ruig that's no better than stock.
Took it off after about 5 miles and put the original back on. It will be up for sale.

Back