• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

21+ Valve timing changes?

Plenty of roads other than Deal's Gap in the northern Georgia, western North Carolina, eastern Tennessee, eastern Kentucky, southwest Virginia, West Virginia that can be whatever you want. I live an hour from Deal's Gap. I find it pleasant, but seldom go there except when it's the best way to get somewhere else.

Living in the middle of Nirvana...Knoxville, TN...1.5 hours from GA, an hour from NC, VA, and KY.

My group was planning on riding our annual Fall Men's Trip in the Roan Mountain area of TN based out of Johnson City this year. Good area to ride?

My group was planning on riding our annual Fall Men's Trip in the Roan Mountain area of TN based out of Johnson City this year. Good area to ride?
Roan Mtn State Park is a good one and would also be a good place to put your base of operations! My wife & I have rented one of their cabins on several occasions. They used to have a restaurant there too, but I'm pretty sure it's closed now...too bad. So you'd have to cook as the nearest restaurants are miles away.
I went to East Tennessee State University in Johnson City back in the 1970s, but I hadn't started riding yet. But I wore out more than one set of tires on my 1967 Plymouth Valiant. I was always happy to wear a seat belt even then because I knew I'd be sliding side to side on that bench seat. Roads are typically in pretty good shape with any state road through the mountains being entertaining. Good selection of restaurants have come into J.C. in recent years. Plenty of little local roads too. And if you're feeling dusty, you can find some unpaved roads as well. Admittedly, I'm not much of a hard-core dual sport rider, but I do enjoy getting away from traffic on a nice gravel road.
The Motorcycle Sport Touring Association/MSTA had their national rally in J.C. in 2011...good event with no lack of good riding. TN66 from Rogersville to Sneedville (NW of J.C.) is wonderful. 30+ miles going over 3 big mountain ridges with a bit of valley in between to catch your breath.

If you decide to go that way, I don't think the roads will disappoint you.

As soon as I saw this picture when they first came out, I knew the NC was for me.
With the low COG this bike did not disappoint. Every other feature was icing on the cake.
Don't get me wrong, I have faster bikes, but there is something special about these that most people don't understand.

honda_nc700x_16.jpg

As soon as I saw this picture when they first came out, I knew the NC was for me.
With the low COG this bike did not disappoint. Every other feature was icing on the cake.
Don't get me wrong, I have faster bikes, but there is something special about these that most people don't understand.

View attachment 53629
Particularly that one - DCT with the 3 piston front caliper only available in the US 2012-2013.

Back