• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

'21 DCT - poor gas mileage

Wonder if the OP is doing any better with his?
OP has left the conversation. Last seen on the forum over 4 weeks ago. We are just taking to ourselves. But, that’s OK.

I’m taller and heavier than OP. So is my throttle hand-probably. I have kept over 60MPG over the last 500 miles. My first 500 miles or so were 75MPG. Hills and city traffic aside, I compare to other bikes and my pickup. I can ride the NC to and from work around 3 times give or take 70mi round trip. In my truck I get almost 5 round trips on a 20 gallon tank. I ride standard mode.

I get an indicated 60 with mixed city driving and cruising at 80 on the toll road. I flip it into Sport once in a while when I know I'll need to get it on, but mostly I ride in Standard. I figure I could do much better if I always kept it in Standard and kept it below 70, but that's not how I ride. I would be happy with a half gallon more of capacity I suppose but it's not a big deal. If I had to do a long trip, I would probably bring a small gas can with me. I wish I could do something fun like that but these days I don't get those opportunities. About 6 years away from retirement so for sure then. If I can stay alive on those toll roads.;)

In case anyone is interested in comparing to an old standard model, my 2012 NC700S averages 3.58 l/100km (65.7 MPG) with a range between 3.96 - 3.15 l/100km (59.4 - 74.7 MPG) for a tank.
I generally only fill when close to empty, all above data comes from fills ranging between 11.4 and 13.7 L (3.0 - 3.6 US GAL).

Back