• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it dirty?
The area directly under the intake snorkel was very dirty with visible dirt packed in the pleats but the rest of the filter was relatively free of visible dirt. What we can’t see is the interstices of the filter media. It needed changing IMHO as it had doubled the recommended mileage interval of 12,000 miles. A magnetized screwdriver is very helpful to prevent dropping one of the air box screws into the abyss under the frunk.

IMG_3269.jpeg

The area directly under the intake snorkel was very dirty with visible dirt packed in the pleats but the rest of the filter was relatively free of visible dirt. What we can’t see is the interstices of the filter media. It needed changing IMHO. I doubled the recommended mileage interval of 12,000 miles.

View attachment 52107
Oh yea, I'd have replaced that too. lol. I have soon to be 29,000 on mine. I have a filter on hand to replace it. One of these days I'll have to inspect it.

The area directly under the intake snorkel was very dirty with visible dirt packed in the pleats but the rest of the filter was relatively free of visible dirt. What we can’t see is the interstices of the filter media. It needed changing IMHO as it had doubled the recommended mileage interval of 12,000 miles. A magnetized screwdriver is very helpful to prevent dropping one of the air box screws into the abyss under the frunk.

View attachment 52107
That’s about what my NC filter looked like at 24,000 miles (not very dirty). Going forward I think I’ll use a 30,000 mile air filter change interval on the NC, as for remembering convenience that aligns with my car and van recommendation.

My Brother and I rode up Hwy 50 from apple hill ( Camino ) to Ice House Rd and were going to ride up to Loon Lake , but it started to sprinkle and looed like we'd run into thunder and possibly hail , so we made a turn onto wentworth springs road. Weren't sure if we could get thru after the huge winter we had in the Sierra's , but we made it ( only a little snow , water , sand and an occasional limb down ) all the waY to Georgetown than road Marshall grade to Coloma and 49 back to Placerville and back to his home in Apple Hill. It was a great sighting lap and a reminder why I only get 1000 miles out of my front tiresView attachment 52112View attachment 52113View attachment 52114

That’s about what my NC filter looked like at 24,000 miles (not very dirty). Going forward I think I’ll use a 30,000 mile air filter change interval on the NC, as for remembering convenience that aligns with my car and van recommendation.
I don't think I want to extend the change interval beyond 24,000 miles.

I took Friday off & planned on doing a lot of riding this weekend and installing some accessories on my wife’s 2019 Cherokee. Weather forecast was awesome!
But Murphy had other ideas…
I parked a little too close to the wall in the garage and as I was trying to jockey the bike out, somehow I snagged my finger….not even sure how I did it. Needless to say, no riding this weekend…

Attachments

• IMG_3291.jpeg
    IMG_3291.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3290.jpeg
    IMG_3290.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
I took Friday off & planned on doing a lot of riding this weekend and installing some accessories on my wife’s 2019 Cherokee. Weather forecast was awesome!
But Murphy had other ideas…
I parked a little too close to the wall in the garage and as I was trying to jockey the bike out, somehow I snagged my finger….not even sure how I did it. Needless to say, no riding this weekend…
Suck it up and get on the bike.

Kidding of course. Hope it heals up quickly. Was it broken?

Added a 3/4” rubber bushing under my stock windshield on lower bolts in the high position. Smooth, no buffeting but a bit loud. Will be great for summer. Also made a custom bumper for my center stand since I have a Coffman exhaust the stock bumper won’t work.

On today's to-do list was a valve check and coolant change. Two exhaust valves were at the minimum clearance of 010" after 25,110 miles. Technically I could have left them for the next 16,000 mile interval but I moved them to the middle of the allowed tolerance. I did a baseline valve check at 8100 miles which was just after I bought the bike. None needed adjustment at 8100 miles.

I dont think so. Very swollen though so I can’t bend it much.
Wishing I had a DCT now…..
Glad you don't think it's broken , bummer and sorry murphy struck! I'm going to try to pull front wheel and forks off black NC700X DCT and drop wheel off to get tire changed ( Pirelli Diablo Rosso III"s Front tire bald after 1000 miles , back tires ok ) , than try to do the fork seals and oil change. It'll be a challenge since left hand is basically in a monkeys fist after 4 neck surgeries and just had carpal tunnel on my rt hand 4 weeks ago. Don't think I can install the Cognet shock on red NC700X DCT without help

Day 30 of riding in May and day 135 for the year ....48 mile ride @ 82 degrees and mostly sunny. Turned over another milestone on my 21 DCT

AaGYzsEh.jpg

Day 30 of riding in May and day 135 for the year ....48 mile ride @ 82 degrees and mostly sunny. Turned over another milestone on my 21 DCT

AaGYzsEh.jpg
awesome , you ride more than I ski, working on cleaning up some of my project Bikes, while I wait on new tire to be mounted on Black NC700X DCT
Changed fork seals and going to try 15 wt fork oil w/ adjustable preload caps , before I spring for the Cognet DDC and springs. Blackie's got the Penske shock on it with the adjustable dog legs and the Pirelli Rosso III's and the foot shift kit . Haven't installed Cognet shock on the Red NC700X DCT or the foot shift kit on it yet and it's got Pirelli Angels but there getting pretty close to the wear marks @ 1500 mi

Attachments

• PXL_20230530_202424237.jpg
    PXL_20230530_202424237.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20230530_202332115.jpg
    PXL_20230530_202332115.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20230530_202310821.jpg
    PXL_20230530_202310821.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
Today's early ride was a repeat of a loop I had only ridden once before, but a combo of several roads on a couple of my loops. Last time I rode it, I said I should count the curves because there certainly was plenty of them.... so today I did.

The loop turned out to be 41.6 miles and 242 curves. 84 degrees and sunny by the time I got home. It capped off a perfect 31 for 31 days month of riding.

Mrs Ferret wants to go out for an after-dinner ride tonight on her PCX, so it's going to be a 2 ride day for me....woohoo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back