• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you'll like the DCT , sucks that you got in an accident but glad your ok
Thanks, yes I'm counting my blessings after walking away almost completely unharmed. My wrist still has a slight catch but really it is just a minor annoyance. Everything else is as normal as usual.

I'm watching YouTube about the DCT while I'm waiting.

I hate washing bikes tbh. Its a long finger job for me. However the X-Adv is one of the dirtiest motorcycles I have ever owned. There is only a token rear fender and the 15" rear wheel is a "turbo" spreader of road dirt that gets all over the rear half of the bike. So called huggers are a total waste of time and money. Puig have developed a half decent rear fender/hugger hybrid that looks interesting but only for the '21 bike and mine is the original '17. :(

Just to add credence to my statement above ......

P1060120.JPG

P1060122.JPG

I found 2 comparable NC750's within my buying range in the Kansas City area so getting another NC is on the table. I really don't feel like learning about another bike on a long trip.

I do a bit of Ag consulting so I have to attend a few alternative cattle grazng / grass management schools every year. The first one is next weekend and 360 miles from here. So I'm hoping to have something in a few days if we can get paid from the insurance in time.

Used 2021 Honda® NC750X DCT in Red @ Ridenow
Gads $9 K for a used 2 year old motorcycle that retailed for $9300 new? I know it only has 613 miles on it, but gads.

NE_Okie, if I was you I'd insist on keeping all the farkles from the wrecked bike, regardles of what the settlement ends up looking like for other particulars. Glad you're OK!
I sure did keep the goodies off of it. All except the heated grips.

In any case, Farmer's Insurance may think your bike is worth more than you think.

I got this settlement offer just now.

"
Adjusted Value $ 9,201.00
Tax ( 4.1875% ) + $ 385.29 Tax reflects applicable state, county and municipal taxes.
FEES $28

Total $ 9,614.29
"

Wow sounds pretty fair to me, but then I haven't had an insurance settlement since they gave me $3400 for totaling my '67 305 Scrambler in 1968 when a green 54 Dodge turned left in front of me and I hit in the passenger door. Broke my nose, right hand, right foot and chipped seven teeth. Took the money and bought a new green/white '69 CB 350 for $700.00 plus tax and $7 for a right hand mirror since it didn't come with one lol..

I'd still keep all the " Farkles " and also if you do decide on a DCT , you can use the paddle shifter to down shift going into turns
if your left hand works. Mine doesn't so I installed a 08U70-MGS-D51 accessory foot shifter on one of my 2015 NC700X DCT's and just ordered another thru CMSNL.COM for the other 1 and I just received a new to me Cognet rear shock for it too ( Got it from Drdubb )

Just to add credence to my statement above ......

View attachment 52091

View attachment 52092
I'm willing to bet that @670cc got a nervous twitch just looking at that picture! I'm in the same camp as I like clean vehicles.

His bikes are all pristine whether they are 20 years old and ridden yesterday or just off the showroom floor (every one I've seen).

Gads $9 K for a used 2 year old motorcycle that retailed for $9300 new? I know it only has 613 miles on it, but gads.
There was an article on just that point today on Advrider.com. Prices are incrementally decreasing; however, the article says that folks were buying bikes, riding them for a season, and selling them for retail (the essence of the article). It sounds like those days are gone though $300 is close enough to new retail.

On Sunday, after a very pleasant Santa Monica Mountains ride, I got everything ready to do an oil change ... and couldn't move the drain bolt. The wrench moved, but the bolt didn't. Now I need to extract the stripped bolt somehow, and go buy a new one. Of course, most of my apply-lotsa-torque tools don't fit in the small cutout where the bolt resides. :mad:
I went inside the house to find a mirror to blame the idiot who probably over-torqued it after the last oil change... He said he's always afraid of bolts getting loose, especially when they hold back engine oil. I need to get him a torque wrench before he breaks more stuff.

I'm willing to bet that @670cc got a nervous twitch just looking at that picture! I'm in the same camp as I like clean vehicles.

His bikes are all pristine whether they are 20 years old and ridden yesterday or just off the showroom floor (every one I've seen).

In fairness I had to clean it after that. All that came from one wet weekend away. Its ok now tho and still looking fresh at almost 50,000kms.

48 miles @ 74 degrees and sunny...rode 2 roads I've never ridden before. One, Feesburg-Poetown road turned out to be pretty good. The other, Bethel-Maple started good, but got convoluted about 1/2 way thru with intersecting roads. Don't know if I'll ride that one again, but will figure out a loop for riding the first one again.

I took the bike in to replace the rear tire that had worn down past the wear bars during last weeks camping trip and rally. The worn tire had 9400 miles (15,100 km) on it. The handling was a bit squirelly by now. I stayed with the Michelin Road 5's. It was time for the annual state inspection. I had the front brake pads replaced at 19,100 miles (30,700 km). All set for a Saturday morning ride.

Installed my new helmet guardian in preparation for a new helmet this year. Easy install and was able to keep the side reflectors using a couple of washers to gain a 1/4” on each side.

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpeg
    IMG_0687.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0686.jpeg
    IMG_0686.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0685.jpeg
    IMG_0685.jpeg
    359 KB · Views: 20
Installed my new helmet guardian in preparation for a new helmet this year. Easy install and was able to keep the side reflectors using a couple of washers to gain a 1/4” on each side.
where did you put the washers? I wouldn't mind putting my reflectors back on.

and a 37 mile after dinner ride with the Mrs on her PCX scooter. Very pleasurable ride @ 72 degrees and sunny.

On a side note, I stopped and filled up on the ride. I had gone 168 miles on that tank and it took 2.1 gals to refill. The calculator in my phone says that's 80 mpg on that tank. Riding with my wife at a slower pace saves money lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back