• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from the Retreads Motorcycle Club's annual Mid Atlantic Rally in Bird In Hand Pennsylvania. The most direct route is 51 miles from home to the host hotel. I successfully stretch it out to 500+ miles by making a big arc around the host hotel and taking 2 full days. I camped at Prince Gallitzin State Park NW of Altoona, PA. At the rally I stayed at the hotel and came straight home after the rally. Total miles just under 900 miles. A good 6 days of riding with friends.

I need to do that to mine one of these days. It's been like ...wait I don't think I've ever washed it. It gets lots of rain baths though ;)

I hate washing bikes tbh. Its a long finger job for me. However the X-Adv is one of the dirtiest motorcycles I have ever owned. There is only a token rear fender and the 15" rear wheel is a "turbo" spreader of road dirt that gets all over the rear half of the bike. So called huggers are a total waste of time and money. Puig have developed a half decent rear fender/hugger hybrid that looks interesting but only for the '21 bike and mine is the original '17. :(

Found out my left footpeg did not actually survive my little fall. Replaced them with some new ones. Odd design with weird little parts but seem sturdy enough.

Attachments

• dead footpeg.jpg
    dead footpeg.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 19
  • right footpeg.jpg
    right footpeg.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 19
  • left footpeg.jpg
    left footpeg.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 19
haha... today i finally replaced/installed the new windscreen and wiped the bike down from all of the nasty pine pollen we have blowing around daily! Back in Feb it had fallen over due to a rotten board i temp had it resting on(totlly my fault). I have been riding it since the fall with no screen on it at all and didn't like that one bit.

Now to go for a ride and see how the new Puig acts on the road. :{)

fallen bike2.jpgfallen bike.jpgnew Puig windscreen.jpg

IMG_20230506_084644859_HDR.jpg
Nearly final update on my little wreck.

The repair estimate given to the other guy's insurance was $9260.00. They have obviously decided not to fix it.

According to the Honda shop estimate, the front tire, front wheel assembly, headlight assembly, handle bar, left side handle bar switch assembly plus switches, the red plastic panel on right side front, and the frame needed replaced.

Tomorrow they will tell me their first offer to settle.

I wonder what the bike was worth.

2022 NC750X A (manual shift - no DCT) purchased as a new demo last September with 480 miles on it. It currently has 9400 miles on it and I washed one time....sort of washed it.

Wow I would have never guessed that was totaled looking at the pictures. Good luck with the insurance company.
IMG_20230506_084740071_HDR.jpg
Same .

Here it is after we carried it off the road way.

The other big surprise was the damage estimate on the car that I hit. A 2014 Mersadies E in black. They are replacing the front passenger side fender and door skin, and I'm guessing a full paint job to cover some previous small dings....$10,800.

View attachment 52090
Same .

Here it is after we carried it off the road way.

The other big surprise was the damage estimate on the car that I hit. A 2014 Mersadies E in black. They are replacing the front passenger side fender and door skin, and I'm guessing a full paint job to cover some previous small dings....$10,800.
I don't know a lot about motorcycle wrecks but I was with the @the Ferret thinking it was on a path to repair. Sorry to hear it went the other way. Are you going to try to get another NC?

My daughter got hit in her Elantra. Pretty minor damage to the passenger side, bumper cover and position/fog light. Over 110 days (i think it was actually 121 days) and $13,000.00.

Go price another 2022 modded the same as your's w similar milage and add at least 2-3K for your trouble. were you riding it when it happened
Yes I was riding when the other driver turned in front of two lanes of incoming traffic. I got to the crash site the same time he did.

I don't know a lot about motorcycle wrecks but I was with the @the Ferret thinking it was on a path to repair. Sorry to hear it went the other way. Are you going to try to get another NC?

My daughter got hit in her Elantra. Pretty minor damage to the passenger side, bumper cover and position/fog light. Over 110 days (i think it was actually 121 days) and $13,000.00.

I found 2 comparable NC750's within my buying range in the Kansas City area so getting another NC is on the table. I really don't feel like learning about another bike on a long trip.

I do a bit of Ag consulting so I have to attend a few alternative cattle grazng / grass management schools every year. The first one is next weekend and 360 miles from here. So I'm hoping to have something in a few days if we can get paid from the insurance in time.

Used 2021 Honda® NC750X DCT in Red @ Ridenow

2022 Honda nc750x dct https://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/d/mission-2022-honda-nc750x-dct/7623652288.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back