• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blue NC750X has the saddlebags installed backwards. The "flat" side goes forward and the pointy end goes aft. I have never seen them on a bike backwards but I guess it is possible to bolt on the lower attachment fitting pointing the wrong way then still clip the bag onto the bike.

View attachment 52049
Ok Jimmy turned them around, required moving a tube on each one as you mentioned at the bottom of each bag. Now his Wing emblems are backwards lol. You can see where it would give the passengers legs and feet more room mounted the right way lol, but he never carried a passenger. He's going to try them this way for awhile. They do look better directly from the side.

Thanks eagle eye!

IMG_20230506_084649002_HDR.jpg

I just got word back from the Honda dealership that is writing the estimate for my wrecked NC.

The frame is bent at the triple tree. Evidently the paint on the frame cracks whenever the frame is deformed.

This doesn't necessarily mean the bike is totaled out. That is for the other guy's insurance to decide but I think they will total just it and settle the situation.

Story recap: A 2014 Mersadies E class suddenly turned in front of two lanes of incoming traffic. Since I honestly didn't have time to anything but grab breaks and the clutch, I hit the E class car in front passenger door post at 40mph while he was doing about 20mph from my left to my right.

My right wrist was the only thing hurt because of the sudden twist of the handle bars to the right and me refusing to let go of the front brakeIMG_20230506_082741279_HDR.jpg

I did notice that his dash was impeccably clean and that the car did not have a sunroof. Then bike decided to come back down to earth and rudely yank me off the roof of the car. I still had a grip on the clutch and I shut the moter off with the key.

The other driver was nice and accepted all responsibility.

View attachment 52056

I just got word back from the Honda dealership that is writing the estimate for my wrecked NC.

The frame is bent at the triple tree. Evidently the paint on the frame cracks whenever the frame is deformed.

This doesn't necessarily mean the bike is totaled out. That is for the other guy's insurance to decide but I think they will total just it and settle the situation.

Story recap: A 2014 Mersadies E class suddenly turned in front of two lanes of incoming traffic. Since I honestly didn't have time to anything but grab breaks and the clutch, I hit the E class car in front passenger door post at 40mph while he was doing about 20mph from my left to my right.

My right wrist was the only thing hurt because of the sudden twist of the handle bars to the right and me refusing to let go of the front brakeView attachment 52057

I did notice that his dash was impeccably clean and that the car did not have a sunroof. Then bike decided to come back down to earth and rudely yank me off the roof of the car. I still had a grip on the clutch and I shut the moter off with the key.

The other driver was nice and accepted all responsibility.
I am so glad you are OK. That could have gone so many bad ways! Sounds like the guy has money & is responsible. I hope you get a great settlement & can get a New NCX-750X!

Ok Jimmy turned them around, required moving a tube on each one as you mentioned at the bottom of each bag. Now his Wing emblems are backwards lol. You can see where it would give the passengers legs and feet more room mounted the right way lol, but he never carried a passenger. He's going to try them this way for awhile. They do look better directly from the side.

Thanks eagle eye!
Yes, the Honda wing emblem is backwards when the bags are on the right way. Go figure.

Yes, the Honda wing emblem is backwards when the bags are on the right way. Go figure.
That the emblems are backwards is interesting. In my own mind, that additionally supports my personal theory that the NC7 OEM accessory side cases were designed for a different motorcycle, then adapted for use on the NC. Maybe I’m the only one, but to me something just looks wrong about them.

Took my NC (derivative) for about 150km ride today to check front brakes after pad replacement. All ok with that after the first shake out revealed sticky pistons which needed some freeing up. I might need to change the fork oil again after the recent rebuild, for a lighter viscosity. Just a tad too much high speed compression damping. However for now it is ready for a weeks touring in Northern England commencing next Saturday. .

Day 125 of riding a late afternoon ride after a grandson's baseball game. 42 miles @ 70 degrees and sunny. Stopped and filled up on my ride, I had gone 198 miles on this tank. Had not gone on reserve yet. Took 2.6 gallons to refill for 76 mpg.

That the emblems are backwards is interesting. In my own mind, that additionally supports my personal theory that the NC7 OEM accessory side cases were designed for a different motorcycle, then adapted for use on the NC. Maybe I’m the only one, but to me something just looks wrong about them.
The emblems are applied at the time of installation. At least they were on mine. So, the installer likely applied them with the flare facing the rear of the bike when the cases were istalled in reverse. It does not mean that the cases were not originally intended for application on another bike though.

It depends on the person that assembled the case as the wings are interchangeable. They just stick on with adhesive tape. If you look at images of them some of the Honda wings are reversed and some are not. Any aftermarket luggage is also not designed specifically for any specific motorcycle but with the specific racks for the bike they adapt to fit. That's a curious theory you have there as it could apply to every motorcycle without factory luggage.

Last edited:
Yesterday I rode about 150 miles. Nice pavement cruise:
IMG_0090.jpeg

Today I’ve got about 60 miles of mostly fire roads and unimproved jeep trails. I did lay her down really slow in some greasy black mud, but maybe only added a couple little scratches. Aside from that grease this bike really is great off the pavement. My cousin is on the KTM, and we had a great ride and I went almost everywhere he went.
IMG_0091.jpegIMG_0093.jpegIMG_0099.jpegIMG_0102.jpeg

And todays fuel bill:
IMG_0104.jpeg

It depends on the person that assembled the case as the wings are interchangeable. They just stick on with adhesive tape. If you look at images of them some of the Honda wings are reversed and some are not. Any aftermarket luggage is also not designed specifically for any specific motorcycle but with the specific racks for the bike they adapt to fit. That's a curious theory you have there as it could apply to every motorcycle without factory luggage.

I did not know that the luggage installer was responsible for placing the emblems. Again, sounds like the cases could be generic and go either way as the emblem is installed per application.

Yesterday I rode about 150 miles. Nice pavement cruise:
View attachment 52062

Today I’ve got about 60 miles of mostly fire roads and unimproved jeep trails. I did lay her down really slow in some greasy black mud, but maybe only added a couple little scratches. Aside from that grease this bike really is great off the pavement. My cousin is on the KTM, and we had a great ride and I went almost everywhere he went.
View attachment 52063View attachment 52064View attachment 52065View attachment 52066

And todays fuel bill:
View attachment 52069
Nice pics! What kind of tires do you have?

43 mile ride with Mrs Ferret on her PCX 150 @ 73 degrees and sunny

QtE5rDuh.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back