• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my new to me 2015 NC700x out for a good four hour ride today. Started out on the highway and found my way to progressively smaller and twistier roads. Coming from mostly dual sport bikes, I expected the highway manors to be an improvement, but what a joy it was to ride on the curvy roads! I’ve got a set of racetech gold valves waiting to be installed, and will likely swap out the shock at some point, aside from that and dialing in where my handle bars need to be for my ergonomics, I think this is about everything I ever wanted in a motorcycle! At one point I had a sv650 that I had high hopes for but it never quite did it for me whereas this NC just seems effortless to ride. I’m feeling as pleased as I can be with this new bike.

Much like yesterday. 32 degrees and snow flurries for today's 41 mile ride.

vtKpRNYh.jpg

Last edited:
What do you use for cold weather riding?

When I get dressed I first put on a long sleeve cotton t-shirt, regular old cotton socks and cotton briefs. On top of that goes a set of Tourmaster " Caliber 2.0" textile riding pants with the zip in thermal liner, then my Alpinestar " Ridge" riding boots, a First Gear Warm-n-safe electric jacket liner, then a Cycle Gear Freeze out Balaclava which covers my head, face and neck, then my overcoat which is a Tourmaster "Advanced sport" textile jacket with the zip in thermal liner. I wear an HJC modular helmet, and some thin summer weight unpadded deer skin gloves ( they help with heat transfer from my Oxford heated grips and for feeling the switches). I have Kemi Moto handlebar muffs and a Givi touring shield on the NC. Really not anything different than my summer outfit except I skip the electric jacket liner, the balaclava and take out the zip in thermal liners.

I have ridden honestly really comfortably down to 9 degrees above on the NC, and down to -2 below on my old ST 1300 with this gear. As long as the streets are dry and clear, there is no low temp limit I have found uncomfortable to ride in.

0XQ4iM6h.jpg

kUaO4Z8h.jpg

kq5oUoOh.jpg

When I get dressed I first put on a long sleeve cotton t-shirt, regular old cotton socks and cotton briefs. On top of that goes a set of Tourmaster " Caliber 2.0" textile riding pants with the zip in thermal liner, then my Alpinestar " Ridge" riding boots, a First Gear Warm-n-safe electric jacket liner, then a Cycle Gear Freeze out Balaclava which covers my head, face and neck, then my overcoat which is a Tourmaster "Advanced sport" textile jacket with the zip in thermal liner. I wear an HJC modular helmet, and some thin summer weight unpadded deer skin gloves ( they help with heat transfer from my Oxford heated grips and for feeling the switches). I have Kemi Moto handlebar muffs and a Givi touring shield on the NC. Really not anything different than my summer outfit except I skip the electric jacket liner, the balaclava and take out the zip in thermal liners.

I have ridden honestly really comfortably down to 9 degrees above on the NC, and down to -2 below on my old ST 1300 with this gear. As long as the streets are dry and clear, there is no low temp limit I have found uncomfortable to ride in.

0XQ4iM6h.jpg

kUaO4Z8h.jpg

kq5oUoOh.jpg
That's awesome! Thanks!

We got a break from the storms and it was sunny (enough) w/ temps in 60s the last few days, so I saddled up with the 2 guys from last time and took a 50ish mile leisure ride for lunch and then a quick stop for a couple of pops at an 'Irish' pub because St. Paddy's I guess. One of the other riders (riding in the middle spot) must've not been paying attention when we were taking a left turn from a stop, because he dropped his bike right after the turn. It happened so fast I barely had enough time to stop and not run him over. No, we weren't drinking. :p He seems risk prone in general.....but, 3 guys makes an easy time of picking up a big BMW.

I remembered to take pics! I put on the saddle bags today and tested out the CaliSci windscreen, which seems to work better for me.

IMG_20230317_111421960_HDR.jpgIMG_20230317_153649068_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I suddenly realized I needed new tires on my car sooner than later, so I had to break out the tire changing tools to do the car tires. With the tire changer already out, I decided to retire my NC's front tire that was near the wear bars, and installed a set of new Pirelli MT60s that I had purchased some time ago from a forum member. I set aside the 3000 mile Metzeler Z6 rear tire for future use with the next new Shinko Raven front already in my stock (it seems I have a multiyear plan for NC tires). Having experimented with 7 tire models among 5 brands now on the NC, going forward it will be nothing but Shinko Ravens.

High temperature of only 26*F today with a little snow, so nothing better to do than service machines.

Now I'm ready for some long distance camping trips with the NC!

Last edited:
Took my girl Suki down to the Apalachacola Airport for an Experimental Aircraft Association meeting. Cool and windy, but mostly back roads so the ride was fun… until the bottom fell out. Good thing I was mostly waterproofed! 240 miles round trip, interesting new scenery, and lots of fresh experiences. Never got above 58 all day but so what?

I shoulda taken a few pix for you guys, sorry. I will next time.

34° & 15 mph winds today. Too cold & windy for me, so instead I installed a Bluetooth device on my helmet. My daughter bought me an inexpensive Fodsport M1-S Pro, but it seems to work great. I will let you know after I use it for a bit.

Attachments

• 11F71298-389C-4118-9907-0ED2D00DA5A2.jpeg
    11F71298-389C-4118-9907-0ED2D00DA5A2.jpeg
    746 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back